Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stores

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Stores Empty
PostSubject: Stores   Stores I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:48 pm

I was shocked when Draccan was going to buy some cure critical potions at the Army store - 2668 gold for 10 of them! Ten cure crit potions used to be about 580 gold to Draccan.
Then I noticed that the same store offered a mere 8 gold for a ring of protection +1, which is hilarious to me. This can't be the intention, can it?

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

Stores Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stores   Stores I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 am

The faction stores will no longer buy gear from you. But since I don't think that can actually be done, the next best thing was, it was rigged so that they would offer you such crappy prices that you wouldn't WANT to sell anything to them or at least that's the idea Wink

As for the potions I don't know, but I shall find out and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Kostchtchie

Kostchtchie

Stores Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stores   Stores I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:54 am

The faction stores are no longer buying items... or at least, that was the intent. I thought setting the purchase rate to 0 would fix that, but apparently, that's not the case. I'll have to go through them again and see if this can be corrected.

The reason for the change, in case anyone is wondering, is simple: we wanted the unwanted magic items to become more available and accessible to everyone so that they may spend their hard-earned coin rather than having the items hidden away and lost to private, exclusive shops reserved for the select or priveledged few. Besides, when you think about it, it didn't really make much sense for faction stores to buy back items for a higher price than most common shops when they would only be able to sell it to other faction members. The faction stores are meant to be outfitters, providing specialized and uniform equipment for their organization members at a reasonable cost. Most factions already have the benefit of better prices at most stores that support them. For example, most shops in Dagger Falls offer some discount to members of the Dagger Falls militia, while most shops in Teshwave cater to the Zhentarim factions.

As for the varying prices on potions and some other specific items, this is somewhat of a mystery to us. When the server was moved to the new machine, a number of things that were working fine with the mod on the original machine seemed to just fail despite finding any logical reason to do so. The healing kits, for example, was one. The altered dex bonuses for armors is another. Everything was copied over exactly as it was from one machine to the other, and yet, certain 'systems' in place are now no longer functioning. Personally, I do not know why or how the healing kits and potions were made to have a much lower price than their original value before, but until that little mystery is solved, we'll just have to accept some of the changes as they are. Call it inflation, call it the universe righting itself, call it unfair. For now, it is what it is. Its not a bug, but neither was it intentional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stores Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stores   Stores I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stores
Page 1 of 1