Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daggerdale Updates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kostchtchie

Kostchtchie

Daggerdale Updates Empty
PostSubject: Daggerdale Updates   Daggerdale Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:12 pm

This thread will be used to post any additions, changes, updates, and fixes made in the mod itself. I will attempt to keep everyone posted with the new stuff as it rolls out, as well as updating the New Updates board located in the Launching Point of the mod. Any bugs or problems encountered should be reported in the Bugs section of the forums, while all other comments should be made in the appropriate Out Of Character section.

Last edited by Kostchtchie on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kostchtchie

Kostchtchie

Daggerdale Updates Empty
PostSubject: UPDATES: 08/28/08   Daggerdale Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:36 pm

XP Loss for Respawn Penalties have been capped
It has been decided that the amount of XP lost after respawning for characters higher than level 10 was too much. Losing more than half the required xp needed to gain a level at a time when xp becomes increasingly harder to obtain seems to be more like unwarranted punishment on players. Therefore, the maximum amount of xp loss has been set to 5000 regardless of any character's level. Otherwise, the amounts have not changed.

You're welcome.

New Faction added!
Yes, a new, legitamate faction has been placed in the mod. The Clergy of Chauntea, which is based in Anathar's Dell, includes new faction equipment, two new faction quests, as well as a new optional respawn point for ALL players. The temple has been expanded with new areas and new NPCs, including a brand new shop. The clergy provides an alternate religious faction for paladins, as well as clerics, druids, and rangers who venerate the Earthmother. As always, all faction memberships requires a ToD.

This is the first step in expanding Anathar's Dell into a fully functional home base on the server, providing a fourth option for player characters to choose as their home. Currently, characters may choose Anathar's Dell as a starting point from the Launch Point once they have visited the area and can set it as their respawn point using the restmenu options while in town.

Now with more orc!
Because you can't have enough low-level fodder running around and harrassing roadside travelers. The added orcs will provide a more balanced progression to challenge characters of levels 1-10. While the roads are still generally safe for low-level characters to travel, straying too far will reveal increasingly tougher groups of orcs. Also, Chief Horg has hired some stronger friends and allies to help protect his occassionally nice stash against tougher characters who continue to raid his easily-accessible hoards.

Non-magical qualities, reveal thyself to me!
All non-magical armors and weapons made from superior materials (i.e. dlarun, darksteel, fever iron, etc.) are now marked as identified when found as treasure.
Back to top Go down
Kostchtchie

Kostchtchie

Daggerdale Updates Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: 08/31/08   Daggerdale Updates I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:52 am

-- Mostly some minor fixes from bugs reported since the last update. The Harvestmistress at the Temple of Chauntea had an identity crisis believing she was Dawnmaster Seth and welcoming adventurer's to Lathander's Light. Her therapy proved helpful and she is now feeling much better.

-- Added the restmenu option to allow players to select their home base, which affects their starting point and respawn point options. To do so, simply select the option in the configuration menu from the rest menu while you are in Dagger Falls, Teshwave, Wayrest, or Anathar's Dell. Be advised that the function has not been fully tested on the server, so please report any problems you might encounter.

-- Fixed an issue with alternate respawn points when certain races possessed a banishment token from one of the towns. Dagger Falls should always be the default unless banished or otherwise dictated by the player's home base. Again, not fully tested for every conceivable option, so please report any problems.

-- Anathar's Dell has been growing, and though it is not fully developed, players will notice some new buildings along with more people in the Dell.

-- One of the new faction quests for the Chauntean clergy has been changed to allow non-clergy members to take the quest. The quest was not so Chauntean-centric to justify excluding all non-faction members from performing the task, so this has become a new quest that (almost) anyone can take. A different faction quest may be added at some future date.
Back to top Go down
Kostchtchie

Kostchtchie

Daggerdale Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daggerdale Updates   Daggerdale Updates I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:02 am

-- More minor bugs and fixes that have been reported and addressed.

-- Stables and horses have been removed from the server completely. The tests and feedback proved that the horses were more trouble than they were really worth.

-- The item drops on respawn and death have been altered due to feedback from players and staff members. Items dropped are now limited only to items that are currently held by characters at the time of death. This was the easiest solution without completely removing the item drop factor from the server.

-- All prestige classes now require DM approval and a specific token for each class, not just a Token of Distinction.

-- The Deity Tool has been deemed non-functional and useless at this time. Therefore, characters will no longer receive them at creation and the item will be automatically removed from characters' inventories upon entering the server.
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

Daggerdale Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daggerdale Updates   Daggerdale Updates I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:44 am

**This update has been postponed for now as it led to some problems with the server vault and other things. Once the problem is fixed this update will go into effect. As for now we've reverted back to the previous version so none of the things listed above are currently in effect. We hope to have it fixed soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.**
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Daggerdale Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daggerdale Updates   Daggerdale Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Updated as of 10/30

* Fixed a bug in the OnDeath scripts.
* An hour is now 6 minutes.
* Removed horses (and the Horse Sign)
* Changed Healing with regard to Poison and Disease (see board in launch area).
* Modified a couple quests
* New NPC's/ villains added
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daggerdale Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daggerdale Updates   Daggerdale Updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daggerdale Updates
Page 1 of 1