Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Screwy System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Preddy

Preddy

My Screwy System Empty
PostSubject: My Screwy System   My Screwy System I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Upgraded my ram from 256mb to 2 gig a little while ago, ever since games have been crashing and pc has been bluescreening, i found out the problem is the ram speed is more than the cpu can handle, and the crapy bios doesnt have a setting to control ram speed.

So does anyone know of a utility that controls ram speed or something else that may return stability (aside from removing the extra ram)?
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

My Screwy System Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Screwy System   My Screwy System I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 pm

I have no idea my suggestion is stop using a cwappy laptop!
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

My Screwy System Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Screwy System   My Screwy System I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:02 pm

I've never heard of a "too fast" issue with RAM, unless what you got is for a 667MHz FSB, and your PC has a 400 MHz FSB. In this case the "multiplier" is AFU. My suggestion is return the RAM and get RAM appropriate for your PC, making sure the speed of the FSB is the same as your RAM.

If you can't return it, eBay...or Craigs List...
Kurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Sponsored content

My Screwy System Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Screwy System   My Screwy System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Screwy System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: