Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bortimir Swiftarrow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shaikahn

Bortimir Swiftarrow Empty
PostSubject: Bortimir Swiftarrow   Bortimir Swiftarrow I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 pm

4 years ago Bortimir's home was set on by a group of raiders his family taken as prisoners, Bortimir at the age of 14 fought two of the raiders off with such fury that he peeked the interest of the Leader of the party, A slender, well kept elf named Torinth.

Torinth personally subdued the boy with as little effort as tying a boot lace.
Boring a terrible gaze into the boy he muttered through clenched teeth, "If ye want to live, boy, ye will do as i say, ye may even be welcome to join my little band and reap the benefits of the lives we lead".

Knowing that Torinth could easily kill him, Bortimir nodded in agreement with him, "Good", Torinth roared with obvious anticipation of corrupting another strong youth. "Then i shall personally train ye, my young apprentice. Ye will learn the ways of the scout, to hide and move along without a sound, reporting your findings to me personally. And perhaps, when ye are ready, i shall teach ye the darker side of the scout, setting upon your enemies unseen, and striking them down with a single blow".

Realizing his oppotunity Bortimir quickly agreed to the mentorship with Torinth, with the intentions of learning all he could, in hopes of one day freeing his family from the raiders.

But as time went on Bortimir grew to appreciate the lifestyle, quickly mastering everything his mentor was willing to teach. He soon forgot all about his plans of freeing his enslaved family, and greed for the knowledge of the assassin overwhelmed him.

Torinth was not blind to this, he spyed on Bortimir's every action, realizing the only way to completely corrupt him, was to slay his family, removing all hope for them being free. And what better way to kill them, than to have Bortimir do it himself.

After several years, Torinth finally approached Bortimir, with an altamatum. "My apprentice, ye have mastered everything i have taught ye, yet there still remains the dark secrets, I shall not teach ye the art of the assassin, unless ye do one simple.....task for me." Realizing what his mentor was promising his eyes grew with anticipation and a sly smirk crossed his features, "Indeed master! I will do anything ye ask, i swear it!"

"Then do this task for me, in order to prove thyself to me, ye must execute your family." Shoving a longbow and a quiver of arrows into Bortimir's chest he roared "NOW."

Hesitating slightly Bortimir, with a blank look on his face, placed an arrow onto the string of the bow. Glancing once to his Mentor, then to his father, he drew back the string, and let the arrow fly, with trained accuracy, the arrow pierced the heart of his once beloved father, slaying him instantly. As his mother jumped to her husband wailing and screaming, Bortimir notched a second arrow, and let it fly as well. The sudden silence of his mothers hysterical cries, confirmed the arrow struck true.

With the blank stare he wore throughout the whole ordeal he turned to his Mentor and said, "the task is done my master."

Torinth, obviously extremely pleased said only this "Well done my apprentice".
Back to top Go down
Shaikahn

PostSubject: Re: Bortimir Swiftarrow   Bortimir Swiftarrow I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:54 pm

As time went by Bortimir's training continued, more in the ways of tasks and bits of knowledge here and there. Torinth taught Bortimir the language of the elves, which he quickly learned. Although he completed all but one of his tasks for Torinth flawlessly, the one he failed put a halt on his training........

"So young man, ye thought ye could just knife on of my men in the back and just walk away did ye" Erith'nyr queried with a sly almost evil grin, "and now ye will know what happens to yer kind when we catch em" he motions for his men to chain him to the wall of the dark cell that they had dragged Bortimir into. Once chained the men let him go, with no strength left in him after several days of hard travel and beatings from what he thought was every man under Erith'nyr's command, Bortimir slumped down the chains holding him up at waist level.

Erith'nyr strolled up to Bortimir, reaching one hand under his chin he whispered, "Ye will know pain, and ye will know it well", with his statement finished, he motioned for a brute of a man to come forward, as Bortimir watched silently he could see it was a half-orc, he hated orcs, and their half breeds even more. He glimpsed a dagger in the half orcs hand, he tried to stand offer some sort of resistance, but his body would not obey his commands. with an evil laugh the orc started his work, slashing the face of Bortimir repeatedly, thew pain he knew he could take, but his weariness and eventually loss of blood caused him to collapse, darkness washing over him.

He awoke sometime after, lying face up on table. Testing his arms and legs for movement he discovered he was chained down, opening his eyes revealed a man standing over him, with a bowl of water and a cloth. Dipping the cloth into the bowl the man began to wash the wounds on Bortimir's face, darkness surrounded him once again.

This procedure went on for waht seemed months, everytime his wounds showed signs of healing, the half orc visited him again, slicing the wounds open again, then being tended to by the strange man. Untill one night, the half orc was on his way into the cell, with that knife Bortimir knew all to well, then suddenly stopped, his eyes popping wide open and his back arching unnaturally. As the orc opened his mouth to call out, a hand came from behind clasping over the orcs mouth, then a flash of steel ran along the orcs neck.

Watching silently and curiously, he saw the orc crumble to the floor, revealing a robed individual holding a gleaming dagger. As the figure stepped forward Bortimir caught a glimpse of the face in the hooded robe. "Master" he whispered. "shhhh, be silent my apprentice." Working quickly Torinth removed the shackles from Bortimir, then helped him to his feet. "I took the liberty of bringing your gear, now quickly suit up, we do not have much time, and when we get back home perhaps ye may need to practice not getting caught." said sternly with no emotion showing.......
Back to top Go down
Shaikahn

PostSubject: Re: Bortimir Swiftarrow   Bortimir Swiftarrow I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:42 pm

The journey back home was a long one, seeminly longer due to the constant badgering of Torinth for having to "save Bortimir's hide". Bortimir engaged in many heated arguments with Torinth over this, shame turning to anger over his failure to complete his task. Each argument ending with Torinth showing an antagonizing smile.

Upon their arrival to the makeshift camp they called home for the time being, Torinth informed Bortimir that he was to prepare for a private meeting over dinner with his mentor.
As he walked to his tent he glimpsed the stares of his fellow gang members, and heard the whispers....."What the hell happened to his face?". This did not bother him, his features were the least of his worries, as his failure may have compromised his studies to become a member of the deadly art of assassination.

He slumped down in the hot water of his bath, drifting in and out of sleep for an hour or so, only realizing it was time to get out after noticing the temperature of the water was cooling down dramatically, and his skin begin to prune like that of an old hag. He dressed quickly realizing it was almost time for his meeting.

As he entered his mentors enormous tent, he saw Torinth seated at a table with wine and food already set out. Torinth did not speak while Bortimir sat himself at the table, he only stared, a deep emotionless gaze, untill finally he spoke. "Bortimir, yer training has come to an end.....for the time being. *He holds up his hand palm directed to Bortimir as he was about to speak* "Hold yer tongue for the moment apprentice *his voice taking on a stern tone* i am not finished speaking. I said for the time being, i have a task for ye that will decide yer future." He pauses for a few moments, testing Bortimir's patience before finally resuming. The task should be simple *fer some, he mutters under his breath* Ye will travel to Dagger Falls in the Dalelands, there ye will "choose" yer own tasks and keep a journal of each one completed, and once ye feel ye have accomplished enough to satisfy me, ye will return to me, with fifty thousand gold coins, consider the gold part of the task at hand".

With the last statement he became silent, raising a hand to silence Bortimir each time he opened his mouth to speak. During this silence he ate his food and drank his goblet of wine, motioning Bortimir to do the same, which he reluctantly did. After he finished his last morsel of food Torinth finally spoke up again. "So, what say ye.....apprentice?".

Now Bortimir was silent for a time, fidgeting as he thought over everything Torinth had said.
With a tone of frustration, Bortimir replied, "I guess i do not have much of a choice now do i Torinth." At the mention of his name Torinth raised a brow, for this was the first time Bortimir had called him by his name instead of master. Noticing the reaction, Bortimir smiled and said simply "Do not look at me like that, if my training has come to halt then, "for the time being" ye are no longer my master." His tone changing to mimic that of Torinth's. For a moment it seemed as though Torinth would slit his throat for such a display of disrespect, but after a moments pause, Torinth suddenly burst out in laughter for several moments. "Bortimir, that is why i have always liked ye the most *still chuckling inbetween his words* Ye always did have a good sense of humor."

"So then, it is settled *Torinth pushes himself from the table mid sentence walking over to a chest beside his bunk* i have a gift for ye to aid ye on your journey." He holds out two gleaming shortswords of immaculate craftsmanship. "They are not anything too special, but they were crafted by a master smith and will serve ye well till ye find some better. One last thing apprentice, choose yer actions wisely and be discreet in yer tasks, making enemies as i have can bode ill fer ye. Making friends may perhaps help ye complete yer mission."

Bortimir set out the next morning, ignoring the stares and whispers, his head held high with determination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bortimir Swiftarrow   Bortimir Swiftarrow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bortimir Swiftarrow
Page 1 of 1