Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zombologist Has Arrived!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Zombologist Has Arrived! Empty
PostSubject: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm

First of all let me say I am excited about having another staff member.I know the staff has real lives,jobs,kids etc. and I completely understand but it is disheartening to be rping your butt off and no one around to watch, which in turn makes the whole token system off kilter somewhat.Now that is an observation -NOT- an accusation Smile So please do not take me wrong. I am just one of the rare people who has all day and night to play practically and my pc's tend to lvl at a faster rate than others. And then they get stuck at xp cap or fear leveling because they don't want to mess up their build. I know this is a RP server but alot of times that isn't possible and instead of just not playing at all because of that me personally I go and fight things. Like I said I have nothing but time most days lol. Not that I don't rp all the time because I do but with a shortage of players mostly during daytime hours all I can do is wander around and fight things. Either that or have a whole stable of level 1-9 pc's lol...umm no thanks! With more staff and I do not know how active Zombologist is going to be it allows for more rp watching to be observed and perhaps duly awarded tokens to be issued but most of all it gives the module a sense of continuity and lots of DM interaction.Especially when not many players are on a simple conversation with a guard sneaking an ale would be nice to ease the monotony that sometimes occurs. So without further ado let me congratulate our Admin on what I believe will be an excellent hire as I had the pleasure of interacting with said new DM this eve and although his first test run was a bit bumpy lol...all in all he handled himself very well, was creative on the fly and made an otherwise rp filled but no surprise laden trip into an exciting little rendevouz. I would like to say thanks to Zombologist and I look forward to future interaction with you and the rest of the staff barring their lives do not whisk them for too long from the module we call Daggerdale and Home Smile
Back to top Go down
Telkar

Telkar

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:48 am

I totally get you. I've found DM questing and such very lacking, except for occasional Snottling quests. What I'm looking for is some sort of a continuing quest, something to look forward to and keep the tension up, keeping everyone on their toes so to say. That will happen with a constant threat of hated antagonists. It can also be a source of gossip(we could talk about something!). There could even be more than one source of antagonists and you could build and break alliances and such. Heh, that's actually what happened before I left TSM, but it was great fun.

I've not experienced Zombologist yet and don't think I've ever heard of him, but I'm looking forward to some juicy RP experiences with you.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/matthiasinn
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 5:06 am

While I appreciate that you enjoyed Zomb's fun and Telk is looking forward to it, I really don't appreciate the backhanded slaps to the rest of the staff. Just because you've missed out on something doesn't mean it isn't going on. Maybe thinking about what you're going to type out before you do it and then reading it before you send it might eliminate this 'confusion'. But in all honesty, that attitude makes me reluctant to do anything around your character. Maybe it's not the DMs that are lacking questage but the RP that is lacking. Too many times I log in and see people sitting there, grunting away. And -this- is the wonderful inspiration for a quest? How about driving something with your character and letting the DM assist you?
Back to top Go down
Telkar

Telkar

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:11 am

Actually, I said that was what I found it to be. I'm in no way generalizing. It's however partly due to my time zone(not many European DMs around) that I miss things. RP posts beat the time zone differences though, and I've not seen much of an evidence there of big things going on. Backgrounds are posted, but those don't affect anyone but the character involved.

Creating a positive RP experience of course requires the participation of both DM and Players, only Players or sometimes DM and a Player. In the case of the last one, I need a hook from a DM to get anything in action where I know a DM is watching, because I'm not a big fan of RPing with only myself.

When I'm alone, it depends on the character whether I need DM help to do what I want. The content Murkur requires nothing whereas Sazulhu might for his uncanny plans. So I have no reason for initializing a DM interference with Murkur. The world is what pokes him into "unusual" actions, that is, not the regular venture for giant beating. Mind you I'm still talking about when I'm all alone. Many different hooks can happen between players.

whodatis, I can only create inspiration for myself because I can't determine what inspires others. I hope what I create does inspire others though, but there's no guarantee. You can however drive all your vicious hooks and hints in me all you like, and I hope my response will be somewhat to the liking of what you're looking for. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/matthiasinn
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:57 pm

I understand your timezone issues, Telk. I'm working to fix it, but I'm very choosy about who I make a DM for exactly that reason. I want you guys to have the best play time you can. Wow that sounded bad. Anyways, your grunting wasn't the only person I was referring to.

But the point I was trying to get across in my response is that there isn't a need to backhand the rest of the staff. Right now, Snot's all we have in the Euro timezone as the other two Euros are slammed in RL and Venerate is going to be taking a hiatus soon. I'm sure if you talk to him, he can come up with something for those in that timezone.

I am looking for more staff. Regrettably, those I've spoken to about it haven't had the time to do so or haven't felt they would do a good job.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:42 pm

Maybe you misinterpreted my thread a bit whodat.I in now way meant anything as a "backhanded slap" towards anyone.It was and may continue to be a frustration thing more than anything else.As for grunting that is just my pc's normal gruff response to some things and he is a bit surly so I try and rp that in him.As far as just sitting around I do that as I await others to rp with or when it is severely dead I go afk a bit until someone else arrives.I thrive on DM interaction and was only expressing my wish to have more.That's why I said I understand the fact that they are real people with real lives.Now as far as inspiring questage that road goes both ways.Like the guard who came running up to tell Draccan his fiance was missing....that was innovative and appreciated.I appreciate everything the staff does from hosting the server to just dropping in to say hello.And I hope when my contribution is made, you all, players and staff alike appreciate my efforts as well.Also with a shortage of players and especially the lack of evil pc's to form rivalries with it is hard to just develop a plot for one's own sake.If this discourages you in any way I will try and be more innovative and perhaps make up something to help you guys as well.We are the Daggerdale community and it's going to take work on all our behalfs to get the ball rolling and gain some momentum in bringing the server back to what it once was but albeit and I hope much better from a fun standpoint and a communicative perspective without antagonism or bickering as that's what in the end spelled the doom for our home server in the past.Now all that being said I would once again like to reiterate my gratitude for all that you guys as a staff do.And as I do consider myself a part of the team if not a -staff- member I am willing and want to work well with you all.That being said I hope this clears up any confusion you may have had by my original post as I did not mean to flame anyone.I know you whodat,are doing your best to make this place better and generally more active and for that I give you kudos.Keep up the good work on your end and I will continue to do the same on mine.And I wholeheartedly believe that together we can and will succeed and the base as a whole will be happy with what we are trying to accomplish.See you all ig!
Back to top Go down
Zombologist
DM
DM
Zombologist

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks for the warm reception, and yeah....bumby is a nice way to put my first quest. I will get better though Smile. As for epic quests and the like,,not really my thing. I like to do one shots, or NPC interactions. I really like watching peoples charcters come into thier own and evolve so I will do alot of charcter quests and interactions to help flesh out chars. As I start out I will more then likely do very small groups, so please be patient if I don't run anything with your char right away, I will try and get to you. I would like to thank whodatis for the chance to DM here, its a great server and the level of rp here is excellent. So to recap, small groups, charcter devolpment is what I will most likely specilze in. As for time, I coach and work incredibly odd hours, but I will try and run something at least once a week. I said try so its not written in stone. I will do my best to be the type of DM that a great mod like DD deserves.

The Zombologist
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:04 pm

More the merrier
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:35 pm

^^^ Hear! Hear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombologist Has Arrived!   Zombologist Has Arrived! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombologist Has Arrived!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: