Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Threndor Hammerhand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shaikahn

Threndor Hammerhand Empty
PostSubject: Threndor Hammerhand   Threndor Hammerhand I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:48 pm

The sweat beaded and rolled off his bald head and bare chest, as he smashed rock after rock, a determination fueling his muscular arms. After the Hammerhand clan discovered and claimed a large vein of mithral in the mines of Dwathor-Kek, Threndor had started working right away to mine it out. Knowing full well how important it was to his clan, and the value of the precious metal, he wanted clear out the whole vein before word spread of the find. He paused a moment to wipe the sweat from his forehead, looking around at all his clansmen working just as hard as he. Threndor beamed a smile of pride at the scene, guarded by Defenders of the clan, he knew that if anyone had tried to claim this vein, they would have a tough battle ahead of them.

Returning to his powerful swings, he began to ponder the possiblities this wealth could bring, his already promising powers as a priest of Clangeddin could be furthered by building a church in Silverbeard's name, also it could help him along in his training to become a Defender of the clan, Hammerhands highest regarded protectors.

In his ponderous state he almost didnt hear the roars and battlecries coming from the depths of the mine. Just as he turned to look, he realized where they came from....Duergar, the kinsmen all dwarves dare not admit to. Having known of their existance deep in the mountains they now mined, they were belived to have found another range to dwell in, for none had seen any sign for sometime now.

As the Duergar began to come within sight, Threndor called upon Clangeddins power to bless his mundane mining hammer (not his choice of weapons, as he prefered dwarven crafted axes, but it was all he had within reach) and to bless himself with strength. His prayers ended just in time to deflect a powerful swing from the lead assailant, years of training to become a Defender proved usefull as he used the assailants own momentum to throw him to the ground with a quick sidestep maneuver. No sooner did the duergar hit the ground, was Threndor's hammer crushing his head flat in a spatter of blood and brain matter.

Turning to the remaining assailants, he brought the hammer back up in a defensive position, Roaring his own battle cry "By Clangeddins will, ye shall perish!".
Back to top Go down
Shaikahn

Threndor Hammerhand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threndor Hammerhand   Threndor Hammerhand I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:00 pm

His hammer was a blurr of attacks, fallen Duergar lay strewn about his feet, soaking in pools of their own blood. Seeing all their fallen kin the Duergar would veer off to fight a less stout foe. Threndor took this chance to help his clansmen, healing, blessing, and fighting by their sides. Till he finally stood beside a quite large Defender of the clan. It was his father, Thalan, captain of the Defenders.

They fought back to back, their weapons swinging with fluid motions, as if they were extensions of the arms. Their clansmen seeing the two fighting off a large portion of the assailants, began to close in on them, creating a defensive circle, side by side joining their captain, and his priestly son.
They fought wave after wave, sweat and blood creating an almost nauseating stench. With a brilliant flash, a pillar of divine light smashed down into the remaining Duergar, Threndor's whispered prayers drowned out by the thunderous sound.

Thalan lay in his bed, half awake, half dreaming, a vision playing on the inside of his closed eyelids. He sat stright up, his eyes fluttering open, a grim smile creasing his aged face. Quickly throwing on his robe, he stormed out of his bedchambers with hasty determination. Down the hall, three doors on the left hand side, he burst into Threndor's room, chuckling at the loud snores coming from the ball of muscle on the bed. With a start Threndor jumped out of bed, grasping his axe that lay beside it on the floor, not a stitch of clothing on. Seeing his father he quickly relaxed, "By da 'ells pa, wut ye doin stormin inta me room like dat". Thalan smiled as he motioned for Threndor to cover himself. "Ole Silverbeard 'as granted me a vision my son, get dressed an' meet me in da barracks". With that Thalan left the room, closing the door behind him.

As Threndor entered the barracks, he saw his father sitting at a table, one elbow on the table with his hand supporting his chin. "Gud, gud ye are 'ere lad, i will try ta make dis quick, ye 'ave a long journey ahead of ye".

"Silverbeard be's showin me dat ye must journey ta a town called Daggerfalls.....there yer destiny will be shown ta ye, all i can tell ye is dat, i 'ave seen ye training, and battlin alongside a burly kinsmen with an axe covered in lightnin, and a priestess o' Moradin. I's also seen'd a Temple bearing the symbols of Moradin, Silverbeard, an' all of Moradin's lessers. With yerself and four udder kinsmen standin inside it."

"I 'ave gathered yer battle gear fer ye, an' i's got sumptin ta show ye as well". Thalan reveals a rolled up parchment, as he rolls it out on the table Threndor's eyes begin to widen, a drawing of a dwarven crafted axe, with a symbol of Clangeddin forged into the blade itself, covers the parchment.
"dis be's da plans fer an axe blessed by Clanggedin 'imself lad, in me vision it was 'angin from yer belt in da Temple". "I 'ave ne'er seen'd an axe like dis before, but me guess is it be's part o' yer destiny lad".

"Now get yer gear on an' git ye gone lad, ye will travel north, into da dalelands, den ventually ta daggerfalls".

After his goodbyes to his clan, Threndor made his way down the mountain,
one hand grasping the symbol of Clangeddin that hung from his neck, Dwathor-Kek would no longer be his home....his destiny was now upon him.
Back to top Go down

Threndor Hammerhand
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: In Character Forum :: Character Histories/Bio's-
Jump to: