Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!

Go down 
+6
Venerate One
Telkar
whodatis?
Tripp
sack blabbith
Tearing the Weave
10 posters

Convert to CEP 2.2?
Yes!
CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_vote_lcap76%CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_vote_rcap
 76% [ 13 ]
No!
CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_vote_lcap18%CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Abstaining!
CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_vote_lcap6%CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! Empty
PostSubject: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:37 pm

THAT IS FOR YOU THE PLAYERS TO DECIDE! SO PLEASE VOTE!

After several discussions it has been finally agreed upon that I as the head builder for the server have finally been given permission to update the server to CEP 2.2. There will NOT be any other hak additions to the server not now nor in the forseeable future.Be rest assured probably not ever but who knows.Now as for the usage of CEP I guarantee you that I am not going to jazz up the module with a lot of mundane crap.The server will continue to hold its integrity as a great roleplay server, it will just have a bit more flair and realism due to the huge amount of extra things in the toolset from monsters, to clothing and buildings etc. Now the snazzy part of the deal is...*drum roll please* it is up to you the players on whether or not we convert.So debate amongst yourselves and drop your tally's in the poll please.Any questions,comments or reservations are also greatly appreciated as it helps us to determine the future of our beloved module and our players desires.This is after all for all of you.So please enjoy yourselves and game on!
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 pm

Yea...

Would like to have a helmet that I can make look like a hood to my cloak to use when it's raining in falls...
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Just a note. There will need to be a clear consensus on this. Please vote and voice your opinion if you have one.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Also to point, 2.2 is a pretty standard hakpack required but it adds alot of visuals that would add "common sense" to RP. Example would be what I suggested about the hoods to cloaks. Another thing is the weapons it will add also. Always wanted to play a barbarian with a maul or falchion (sp?) within the Daggerdale setting and I feel for Tibby and those who like eye candy alot, it gives builders more options to use in the toolset. I'm all for this and the mere thought of Daggerdale with CEP just makes me just want to just give up WoW for DD.
Back to top Go down
Telkar

Telkar

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:01 pm

Before I vote, I'd like to know the downsides as they aren't as apparent, especially the subject of whether it effects the gaming fluidity, because I hate choppy/laggy play.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/matthiasinn
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:09 pm

I vote no. CEP is way too unstable, loaded with crap, laggy as fuck and most of the stuff just looks plain bad.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:35 pm

I will say this: Before I put the server live with it, I would test it first, likely running it in the Tech area off of my playing computer to see what it did. Then, I would prolly put it up on the DD computer to see for a bit.
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm saying yes if for nothing more then the extra crafting options. It'll be nice to be able to have everyone look a little different then just the 3 choices you're given while making clothes or whatever. Have to agree with whodatis though in regards to the testing, will need to see if it causes horrible lag or not.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 am

A test run using it would CERTAINLY be in order.As for Venerates reservations,I personally have played a few CEP servers that ran perfectly fine.As for things that look horribly bad? Well I am all about things looking proper and using it in the most realistic fashion possible.It's of the utmost imporatnace to me.One final thing that I would like to reiterate.I WILL NOT CLOG up the server with a bunch of useless shit.Pardon the French.I keep to the old addage of K.I.S.S. ...Keep It Simple Stupid.I know alot of over zealous builders get there hands on it and all of a sudden things are waaaaaayyy to flashy, too many useless items...etc. etc. It is my goal to present to you all the Daggerdale Community the best possible, most realistic, visually stunning w/o going overboard game playing experience from a builders standpoint as possible.Either way this poll goes is fine with me.But IMHO and others I know as well have expressed the desire to breathe new life into the server as it has become stagnant and far too predictable.In achieving that mission I have to express opinions and approach different avenues to ensure the servers success and the happiness of the players.So in that regard my first request was to be able to use CEP.Hopefully it will all work out just fine.If not *shrugs* I will do the best to work with what I am given.Thanks for your time and interest in this subject.Have a good one everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 am

Tibby is right though... As long as he doesn't go overboard with the flashy, guddy stuff, we'll no need to worry about lag whatsoever. I trust tibby in his building and he does not, I'll gladly repeat myself, -does not- go overboard with useless shit nor make it all flashy...
Back to top Go down
E

E

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:52 am

How very strange...

I think to myself... 'Perhaps my next character should have a violin. Oh wait! We need CEP for that.'

Then I see this ...

Either way it goes, shrug. I can do fine with or without CEP.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:25 am

The CEP could deffinatly add flavor and uniqueness to characters on the server. I trust that before it would be implimented that it will be thuroughly tested to ensure it will not affect game play.

If it proves to have little impact to load/crashiness/laginess on the server, then sure. But please put a link for the CEP on the forum.

If the CEP causes crashes and slows the load time or causes lag issues, then I would prefer to do without.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Bear_Den wrote:
The CEP could deffinatly add flavor and uniqueness to characters on the server. I trust that before it would be implimented that it will be thuroughly tested to ensure it will not affect game play.

If it proves to have little impact to load/crashiness/laginess on the server, then sure. But please put a link for the CEP on the forum.

If the CEP causes crashes and slows the load time or causes lag issues, then I would prefer to do without.

I agree whole heartedly.
Back to top Go down
Makuren

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:51 am

CEP is a great hakpak that allows for variety in character look and development. With CEP, the crafting system expands 3 fold and you never see a different person wearing the same outfit. The outfits also add to the RP element as well when one uses hats, instruments, and hoods to give a deeper depth to their characters. I've played a number of CEP servers myself and found no lag or issues among them so I am sure it should not affect Daggerdale in a large way. Still, testing it out first is the wisest decision! I just like it for the crafting customizations and maybe some of the new weapons availible..
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:48 pm

This poll will run through Friday, Jan. 2. If you wish to vote or comment, do so by then. At that time, we'll review the comments and make our decision.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 am

Poll closed. CEP will be going in when the build staff can get it implemented. This is by no means a license to go crazy. No glowing objects will be allowed, or anything that isn't setting appropriate. If a DM tells you it doesn't work, you will be expected to change the weapon immediately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!   CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CEP 2.2.......... To be or not to be!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: