Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Most Feared Race on Toril?

Go down 
+8
whodatis?
Tearing the Weave
Tripp
E
Q-2
sack blabbith
CredibleThreat
A Person238
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Person238

Location : Operations center of a Random Lol Generator somewhere in texas

Most Feared Race on Toril? Empty
PostSubject: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:06 pm

After a rediculous and accidental discusion on a thread about dm events i had the idea to start a little 2 cents thread about what do you guys think is the most feared race on toril? My vote goes to the alpha dracolich...likely the most dangerous thing ever to exist alive or undead...especially as one entity instead of in a large force like drow.
Back to top Go down
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 pm

The dreaded Terrasque!
Back to top Go down
A Person238

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:55 pm

i've never heard of that before...
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Old Mera.
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:49 am

Okay, do keep in mind that not -everyone- knows about Paragon species, Primal elementals, Prismatic dragons, Alpha liches, etc etc...

but EVERYONE knows about the Drow, EVERYONE fears, hates or has an opinion about the Drow and because they are a race that is kicked to the bottom by their light-skinned kin they have only one way to go, and that is up. And they will do pretty much anything to get there. Aided by one of the most powerful rules of an Abyssal plane (or two) Lloth they stand a fair chance to get there.

the Drow will NEVER show a non-Drow their internal squabbling, why not? Because drizz't is an idiot and a fluke of nature. Good Drow? Come on... nice story hook, but bad for the continuity of the race.

True, one Drow is not to be feared if you are 100% sure there's no others within a 100 mile radius, but you can NEVER be sure there ain't more, in fact, you can be bloody damn sure there IS more of them buggers about when you see one. Usually, and FR historically speaking most places where one Drow showed up were quickly annexed by a much larger force soon after. Only by the combined efforts of Elves and humans have they been pushed back. In fact, some places holy to the Tel'Quessir have NEVER been taken back, still ruled by the Drow.

The Drow use Spelljamming helmets, they dabble in demonic magic, have trade agreements in both slaves and other goods with the Illithid and even a race as alien as the Illithid don't dare to double cross the arrogant and (they consider themselves to be) supreme race of Lloth's children.

Maybe to put this entire (useless) discussion to rest - take whodatis and my own ruling for it, at least on DD and many other places (seeing how people around me react) Drow -are- and -will be- the most feared race around.

And the most dangerous thing alive in a singular entity, probably something like an undead stillborn godchild.... or whatever? Does it matter? Do people fear things they do not know nothing about? Never even heard of? They fear things they know little about, people fear the unknown on a basis that the unknown is revealed to them only with a tiny lifting of the veil.

Please let discussions like this (-especially- for reasons as this) die out quickly and mercifully,

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
E

E

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:10 am

I second Old Mera. Not as a race though, just a single entity.

Not even death can stop her...

She will rise from her grave...

And banish all adventures from Dagger Falls...

Forever.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:34 am

*blinks* Ummmm... *blinks blinks blinks* Did I start this? Okay, this was totally blown out of water more then a nuclear depth charge. Just let it die yall.
Back to top Go down
A Person238

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:39 am

i thought the dm's were gona delete it
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:23 pm

A Person238 wrote:
i thought the dm's were gona delete it

We do not believe in censorship, say what you must say, but know that many things are open to discussion, also some are not.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Q-2 wrote:
Okay, do keep in mind that not -everyone- knows about Paragon species, Primal elementals, Prismatic dragons, Alpha liches, etc etc...

but EVERYONE knows about the Drow, EVERYONE fears, hates or has an opinion about the Drow and because they are a race that is kicked to the bottom by their light-skinned kin they have only one way to go, and that is up. And they will do pretty much anything to get there. Aided by one of the most powerful rules of an Abyssal plane (or two) Lloth they stand a fair chance to get there.

the Drow will NEVER show a non-Drow their internal squabbling, why not? Because drizz't is an idiot and a fluke of nature. Good Drow? Come on... nice story hook, but bad for the continuity of the race.

True, one Drow is not to be feared if you are 100% sure there's no others within a 100 mile radius, but you can NEVER be sure there ain't more, in fact, you can be bloody damn sure there IS more of them buggers about when you see one. Usually, and FR historically speaking most places where one Drow showed up were quickly annexed by a much larger force soon after. Only by the combined efforts of Elves and humans have they been pushed back. In fact, some places holy to the Tel'Quessir have NEVER been taken back, still ruled by the Drow.

The Drow use Spelljamming helmets, they dabble in demonic magic, have trade agreements in both slaves and other goods with the Illithid and even a race as alien as the Illithid don't dare to double cross the arrogant and (they consider themselves to be) supreme race of Lloth's children.

Maybe to put this entire (useless) discussion to rest - take whodatis and my own ruling for it, at least on DD and many other places (seeing how people around me react) Drow -are- and -will be- the most feared race around.

And the most dangerous thing alive in a singular entity, probably something like an undead stillborn godchild.... or whatever? Does it matter? Do people fear things they do not know nothing about? Never even heard of? They fear things they know little about, people fear the unknown on a basis that the unknown is revealed to them only with a tiny lifting of the veil.

Please let discussions like this (-especially- for reasons as this) die out quickly and mercifully,

Thank you.

I disagree.By having even ONE THING "Not Open For Discussion" is censorship in itself.I'm not stirring the pot here ..kill the thread for all I care but I personally do not like absolutetism as an alternate choice or the attitude of if you do not like it deal with perspective.Everything in my opinion should be open to discussion.I see nothing wrong with this thread.Maybe some find things more fearful than a Drow...there's my penny...peace!

I would like to quickly add that perhaps as a whole since most folk are not adventurers Drow could be the most feared.But I honestly believe dragons are themore feared.It's called dragon fear for a reason.Now putting my 20+ years of pnp experience into play and had have faced a mutiltude of creatures....personally I'd say dragons are the most feared race on the surface.The sight of one even over a city such as Waterdeep will cause hundreds of thousands to flee.A marching army of Drow would be met in open battle.A dragon...well we all know what dragons inspire as a response...
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:34 pm

As I previously stated, dragons fear drow. Liches fear drow. Demons and devils fear drow. Yes, dragons inspire fear. They also inspire fools to go challenge them for their hoard. No one thinks to challenge drow for what they have even though they have some of the most fantastical stuffs out there. Why? Because the worst a dragon will do is kill you. Drow...will kill you slowly. And then bring you back and do it again. And again. And again. And then when they're bored of that, they'll imprison your soul for a few thousand years until they remember it again and start up all over again.
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:18 pm

*Climbs up on soapbox and clears throat* This all started because of one silly comment that was made in another thread. I won't name names because that would be petty. I will however, briefly repeat what was said there.

A DM made a comment offhandedly about drow being the most feared race on Toril. A player took exception and chose to voice their opinion. Normally not a big deal were it not for previous occasions where said player had been disrespectful to the staff. Either way, the initial comment made by the DM wasn't intended to spark an open debate about 'who is the most feared?' It was stated as a FACT. And it -is- indeed a fact no matter how many may disagree. It is well documented. When Drizz't (the fluke of nature Razz) walked into a dragon's cave, it gave the -dragon- pause, thinking 'oh %&*$, a -drow-' When he faced off against Erru'tu, a Tanar'ri* it had the demon shaking in it's boots.

Now, granted, a single drow by itself is usually no match for a dragon, a lich, or a undead stillborn godchild Razz But they are still about the only beings on the face of Toril, or rather, beneath it, that would give such a being -pause-. If that doesn't speak volumes of their epically feared reputation then I don't know what will.

Anyhow, I'm done with this topic, I won't lock it because that would be censorship and as Q stated earlier we try to avoid that here. But if this discussion has proven anything it's simply this: It's one thing to have an opinion and give voice to it in a respectful manner. It's another thing entirely to just try to stir shit up. That latter is not appreciated by -anyone-. Please see that you remember it in the future, thank you. *Climbs down off the soapbox and trundles off to go make foods* Smile

*The main race that inhabits the Abyss are the demons, chaotic evil beings. There are four kinds of demon: the classical, religion-inspired demons of evil and sin the Tanar'ri; the ancient, Lovecraftian Obyriths; the recently appeared Loumaras; and the other demons, which are simply demons that are not specified as belonging to any of the other three categories. Each of these categories contains numerous different species of demon. Of the four categories, the Tanar'ri are the most numerous and most influential and the true rulers of the plane.
Back to top Go down
A Person238

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Totally my fault, i started the whole stupid arguement as a joke to a dm's comment about the drow. didnt mean to "start shit up" as shadow put it, i just figured it might be a chance to see what some of the other players think...reguardless i apoligise for whatever annoyance i was.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 am

And I digress...and I will reiterate ...in my 20 + years of pnp Dragons rule..call it like you see it.But obviously you seen my point too.Players voice should be heard...I agree totally...Drows surface visits are rare.If Drizzt is a rarity so are Drow as a whole.Are they scary hell yes...but on the surface,,,I'd rather fight a bio peadal than a quad with breath!
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:56 am

In my 25+ years of PnP D&D, I know what I've seen in literature and when playing. And in every other official publication by the former TSR. Drow raid the surface, its what they do. Do they do it every day? No. Does it matter? No. Players voices have always been heard here. Or did we not see things like the vote to change the server around or the vote to add CEP? Things are fine to discuss, which is why I did not lock the thread or delete any posts. Voice your opinions all you like. But arguing with staff is not acceptable.
Back to top Go down
A Person238

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:37 am

which is generally why i apoligised and shut up...for the record Smile
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:57 am

Im gonna put a vote in here for Kobolds. They were so fearsome it scared the pants off Garl Glittergold, and he is one crazy gnome, crazy people are hard to scare.

Its not them themselves but their zeal and proficiency, they are so industrial and work with each other in such harmony to get their homes dug out fast. They could take over the world if people left them alone for a year.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:51 am

Having spent some very fun times in law school, and reading the question again, I would have to say Drow because the question asked for a race. While humanoid was not stated, it seems implied.

Dragons are not a race, but a creature; a GREEN dragon would be a race of dragons, so the whole dragon discussion seems off topic, unless someone wants to reopen the discussion with which race of which creature type would be most feared.

But, since undead are not a race, but a state of being, that would eliminate undead, specifically, but not limited to the Dracolich, among others. So the question would have to be which race and state of being of which creature would be the most feared in Toril?

But this would leave out Mages, Clerics, etc, because those are classes of races of creature, whether alive, undead; and then it would have to be separated by race. So, perhaps the questions should be, which class of which race and state of which creature would be the most feared in Toril?

To which I must summarily reply, The Lawyer. Never forget the lawyer. Fear the lawyer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:47 am

Most Feared Race on Toril? 12219172114602

Enough said.
Back to top Go down
E

E

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 am

Old Mera is a lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:50 am

Is this where I go "barrens chat" and throw in Chuck Noris and "your mom" petty jokes? Sorry just trying to lighten this up some.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Tripp wrote:
Is this where I go "barrens chat" and throw in Chuck Noris and "your mom" petty jokes? Sorry just trying to lighten this up some.

See...Chuck Norris kept Lawyers busy, ESPECIALLY on "Walker, Texas Ranger"...

He mighta kept my momma busy too, but I wasn't in Texas to find out.

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Spoken like a try World of Warcraft powergamer xD

l3tz g0 pwn s0m3 n00bz!
Back to top Go down
A Person238

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 am

for the record Mr. law man i was trying to be inspecific, meaning any race/type/creature/person or anything in the list of "exists" not "living humanoid races"...this is why people dont like lawyers
lol! jk
Back to top Go down
Cerridwyn

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 pm

I love lawyers..but then again I use them quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Feared Race on Toril?   Most Feared Race on Toril? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Feared Race on Toril?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: