Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free Averen!

Go down 
+3
Shaikahn
whodatis?
Tripp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tripp

Tripp

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:52 pm

This is getting out of hand when, truthfully, Averen got a captured because drinking a potion when I was having a lag spike. I feel for Neluril and all, but he has his ToD and a ToD pretty much makes or brakes a character in my option and with Fenk telling me he finally got one by RPing. C'mon, I know I've made mishaps in adjusting to LoS RP rules that hinders me to a ToD and my ill mannered jokes from last summer but stop beating a dead horse and let me freaking RP so I can move on with my character! Yeah, I always thought that ToD meant being one of the 'Daggerdale Country Club Elite' and now I see somebody like Fenk getting one and actions speak louder then words on that part.

I just feel at this point even biting the bullet and being captured because of something beyond my control OOC was an ill advised idea and should of thought second when Q offered me to continue to play Ave and not captured but was told this should only last 2 weeks at max, not a month. This is just getting out of hand and pretty much running on low hope when I was told last sunday that Q was gonna get with me and waited for three hours to no response.

True, it was my choice to stay within the Drow Prison to add RP to the whole thing, but getting slapped IC for RPing on the forums and going on the fact of being 2 weeks at max and not a month from this sunday is enough to go on a rant when I've been patient enough as is. Yeah, Arclore is back. But no use to RPing somebody that was gone years ago IC (C'mon! Him and ShieldBasher use to do hobgoblins and Troggs quest together.) and not as powerful level 8 wizard like he was.

This is my two coppers and getting restless with not RPing and trying for a shot at ToD and just farm on WoW.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 pm

I understand your frustration with the drow thing, Rod. Q and I talked last week and he was trying to get to it, but as I told you he was slammed with work. It's not everyday your boss decides its time to discuss his plan for you with you at length in detail. That held Q up and that's why he didn't show. My own job has shifted to where I'm working 6 days a week, so I get that completely. I don't know who Fenk is nor does any reference to him matter in the slightest. How fast one person gets their ToD has nothing to do with someone else. There is no DD Country Club Elite that I'm aware of. In fact, players with their ToD are mandated to RP with others that don't have it (within RP strictures of course...no paladins of Tyr hanging with those nasty Banites now) and they are also charged with helping them get their RP up to snuff.

Q and I discussed just ending the confinements of both Ave and Nel via a story without any player interaction, but some players wished to see the matter through. If the matter isn't resolved soon, we will go through with that option.

As far as your getting your ToD Rod, every time you turn the corner you step back. Witness your P***y comment made IC to another player recently. That makes it very hard to give you one.

In any event, this will be cleared up soon. On that you have my word. And as my best friend likes to quote: All I have in this world is my word and my balls. And I don't break them for nobody.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Well, always knew that work on both of yalls cases was bad but now it went to worst and understand. FYI, Fenkaris AKA Fenk got his is what I am talking about. I'm trying to RP and did this for RP reasons but can't really RP Averen when he's getting his manhood chopped off and tortured by drow which holds me back from a ToD which, as I stated, makes or break a character. Yeah, four weeks of RP gone and chance at ToD yet beating a dead horse over past transgressions like the one from last july and the one from like a month ago is kinda pointless. Not to mention being hinder to RP out a character for RP reasons this long is pretty much senseless and pointless as it seems, even when it's just one character. Yeah, I don't see the rewards in RP for this long of the wait for RP reasons. At this point, I just want this long over due ToD. C'mon, if it's not the Lady's Grace being put on hold for OOC reasons (which Ave was made for) that I completely respect and most people in that questline already have their ToD, then at least show some kind of incentive for taken the bullet for this servers sake of RP and others pretty much having more chances for ToD without being held grudes for transgressions from over six months ago.

Again, ToD now has shown that makes or break a character or I'll get the message from high level parties saying "Sorry, don't want you to come along with us even if we're the only players on the server at the cost of our ToD." Lord knows how many times I got that from other high level players, which by the way convinced me to focus on one character.

Again, I don't see any rewards in this anymore, not even the fun in RPing this out while others get rewarded for their RP.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Others get rewarded for their RP as have you in the past. I know the staff has given RP reward XP to you on more than one occasion, so your gripe there has no merit. The ToD has to do with all aspects of being a member of our community. Excellent roleplay is a part. As is OOC behaviors. You can earn one, Rod. But it has to be earned. I don't know how many times I've had the time to pop in lately only to see little to no effort to RP on the behalf of the players on. As for people with a ToD not taking someone out to hunt, that has more to do with level difference and powerleveling/ getting someone gear they would have no regular access to than it does having a ToD. As I told you with your dwarf thief a while back, your wanting to make a character to play with someone doesn't mean that they should be with that someone to begin with. If they can't handle the challenges safely, then they SHOULD NOT GO. Your character has no business with high level parties regardless of ToD's because you would need to be watched over and saved repeatedly. And sitting waaaaay to the back and shooting arrows when you're more than 5 levels behind the group in question doesn't work either. You suffer no risk, so you should not reap the rewards, be they XP or loot.

No one is holding any grudges against you for anything. But your actions speak for themselves. You refer constantly to the RP on the forums and how you feel you were dealt with harshly. I say that a pure rogue with a 10 con and no discipline would not be dealing with the torture in the manner you were describing.

Again (and for the last time here or anywhere else) the resuce of Nel and now Ave has gone on longer than intended and the staff apologizes. Real life has interfered repeatedly. But then again, you were warned on the quest post that this would -not- be something that would be easy. It was my thought at the time that those that went would have a mortal risk token meaning they might die for good if they went, that's how serious the quest was. You were taken captive, not killed. You weren't killed, so take solace in that the DM running the event had mercy.

As for the other's from the Lady's Grace quest receiving their ToDs, I will only say this: they have been RPing their characters on a consistent basis and have also not giving the grief that you have. If you wish to earn yours, you may wish to borrow from their examples. That's all I'm going to say on this matter.

Last edited by whodatis? on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Right, wait another 3 months for a ToD. Right, gotcha. Not worth it! Seems like trying isn't gonna cut it like I have been the last few months. Back to keeping this on the back burner because justifying a month lost of RP because of something beyond our control and it was a 'mortal risk' at your own advice really doesn't it cut it on any scale for anybody. Yeah, there goes a month of trying to correct my mistakes and whatnot. Whatever. Just whatever. This isn't worth my time and anybody in my shoes would agree also. Sacrificing a month of RP for RP reasons just ain't worth it no matter if it was IC or OOC on here. No more then a hit and miss at a thrift store.
Back to top Go down
Shaikahn

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:17 pm

Well before i get to the point of agreeing with LoS on this matter, let me say this 1st.....

Rod, i feel for you, i really do. Imagine having Ave captive as long as Nel has been...and yet, although i am frustrated as well, i know that RL comes before a "mere" game. in which i can understand the delays.

Don't get me wrong, it has affected my rp as well, it seems at every corner i am failing in my rp quests for my other characters, Threndor has lost all contact with dwarves (have not seen any dwarves lately besides Thorgrim and even his sightings are slim) Bortimir failed his trial completely blowing his cover of alignment, making it hard for him to group up and rp. And me myself as a player have lost interest (albeit slightly) in Rp'ing at all. Partly cause when i have the time to play noone is on, or the lvl difference is to far apart.

I fear some of the players i was "able" to rp with and adventure with might have left DD altogether. i can't say that for sure, but the server is VERY slim these days.

Anyways, having said that....... Ave you really can't expect to have your ToD granted with your constant arguing and "whining" about not having it. Furthermore P***ing off the staff is a terrible way to try to accomplish that. Don't take this as an attack on you as a person, but give the staff a chance, RL comes 1st , and i understand exactly what Q and LoS are going through entirely, as i also work 6-7 days a week......you may have noticed im not on as much anymore for that reason. Anyways bro, hang tough, relax and just keep posting and asking for a time to accomplish this, RP your character the way he was intended upon creation, keep the ooc chatter to OOC and you might just get surprised with a ToD one day.

Just my 2 coppers, and dont forget, i understand both sides completely.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:53 pm

*sigh* Rod, you have been trying. And if you were able to play your character, you may have gotten a ToD. You haven't. We get that. All I was saying was that things spun beyond our control. As for the mortal risk vs being captured...all I was saying was that the character wasn't killed off and to take heart in that. If you can't or lack the patience and whatnot, I understand. But as Shaikahn said, sometimes real things come first. You yourself have seen your playing time changed because of work. So if you can't understand that it happens for the staff as well, that's on you. It's not just the staff as well. Players that are involved have also been busy. But if you honestly don't feel it's worth it, then why do you keep sounding off? You aren't swaying anyone to your point of view. Others have had it just as rough and they take things as they come and in stride. Everyone else that's "been in your shoes" while trying to get their ToD has listened to constructive and corrective criticism on the RP and taken it the way it was intended...and moved forward. Most have even said thank you for the tips as sometimes they've gotten lost in what they were doing.

And if you need a valid RP reason its taken so long for the rescue (which AGAIN we never intended to stretch as long as it has) consider this: it's not easy to get a group together to go into the vast underdark looking for comrades that were taken. Lia has been trying her damnedest. You are hardly the only one inconvenienced with the situation but you are handling it the poorest. I stated that we have a solution in hand if they players and DM can't get a time nailed down and that it would not go on much longer. I was trying to give them a chance to hammer it out. If you can't wait with the same patience as the guy who's been held for over 2 months (sorry Nel for that) then I don't know what to tell you.

But Shaikahn is right on one thing. Expecting a ToD and demanding one didn't work on old Daggerdale and doesn't work much better now.
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:24 am

Just remember its a game, you're here to have fun. Allow yourself to have fun. I gave Fenk a ToD because I followed him without him knowing for a good while and he was RPing to himself (and his chicken) when nobody was around and I like that kind of playing style.

A ToD isnt the be-all and end-all, its just a tool that allows you to gain more levels. The levels shouldnt matter. Its all about the fun and if you arent having any then you ask to ask yourself why and stop blaming us.

-Just MY 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Yeah, just a game. Meant to be fun and kill time in turn of enjoyment. Therefore it is last of the list of priorities in terms of life. Always have in my book. Yeah, I know to well everybody timeframe in the last two months have gone off the wall. My point is?

Three months after hitting level ten, what god forsaken RP reason should I come up with for not becoming better in his trade because of OOC reasons? That has always been my issue with ToD and always have even during old DD also. Letting an OOC reason hinder a character's RP IC which we all hate. Whatever the case, ToD is a senseless handicap when we pretty much have one of many ways to prevent powerleveling and takes to freaking long to go through all the channels as it seems. Hell, it's already hard enough to level as a rogue so no need to be worried on powerleveling right there.

I'm just gonna let this die and keep this questline on the back burner as always while all of the PCs be level 15 or 17 and I'll be back at level 10. Don't know how Lady's Grace will work by then with the vary level ranges but thats up to V1 and where theres a will, theres a way.
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Well then! I can't speak for the other DM's, but I know -I- certainly feel like giving you a ToD after all your incessant bitching and whining.... And just so you're aware? Ven is going away... TO WAR, I really don't think he's too worried about a friggin' quest when he's going to be getting shot at in a matter of days. Way to put your foot in your mouth.... -again- *walks off, shaking head in disgust*
Back to top Go down
Cerridwyn

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Well said, Liquid. As for the ToD thing, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Averen. I myself wasn't expecting a ToD, being new to the game and such when I started Cerri. But all you have to do is properly play your character. Don't try to play him as able to handle things he wouldn't be able to. I think the ToD is a good system to prevent powerlevelers. I myself haven't been able to play much due to have a less than favorable brush with the flu. But if you have patience, and stopped bitching to the dm's and other players about not having a ToD, you'd be much more likely to get one. All it takes is patience, and the ability to PROPERLY play your character above all else. Remember that ToD's are a priveledge and NOT a right. My two coppers, though most of it has been stated before.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Yeah, I know to well about V1 being over in Afghanistan and know the quest is the last thing on his mind let alone the game and who can blame him? Not calling him on that. Just can't think of how it'll be possible when one character is possible 16 or 17 and lowest one is like level 7 or 8.

Patience? I think I had more then enough patience, Cerri. Four months and going strong. Now true, once I -can- get a chance to RP Averen this and how he views things will change. He won't be the typical Averen, I'll admit that and promise you a change to him but til I can RP that out then gonna keep bitching about the lack of RP from this server with this character. Don't think I am just another WoW powergamer that wouldn't be otherwise because thats what it's coming across from everybody already.

Because in my option, a month holding my breath for this and only getting told a simple "Sorry for the wait. We care not for your time you've waited on us." would drive anybody to this little rant. At least grow a spine and show some incentive with the long, unexpected wait, because I knew if I kept my Pathfinder players waiting on me for more then a week or month of given time for next session, then I would promise them a night or weekend of gaming their rears off far away from the bible thumping book burners we work with.
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:43 am

Six years with this server. Same shit, different player. Let it lie. Seriously.

Just get on and play dude.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:18 pm

I am. Just moving on now. Do us a favor and lock the post, please.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:27 pm

I know it can be disheartening to play and RP, then feel you are not being recognized for your efforts. Being awarded a ToD is a milestone that is sometimes difficult to achieve.

Much of this discussion has been about RP, and that's good. We are after all playing on an RP server. But I am sure there are many things the staff takes into consideration when awarding a ToD.

whodatis? wrote:
The ToD has to do with all aspects of being a member of our community. Excellent roleplay is a part. As is OOC behaviors.

It's unfortunate that you feel-
Tripp wrote:
Because in my option, a month holding my breath for this and only getting told a simple "Sorry for the wait. We care not for your time you've waited on us."
because everything I have read from the staff in regards to not being able to put the time to set this up has been appologetic. The staff works tirelessly to make DD a fun and exciting place for everyone. All their time is volunteered.

There have been times when I feel I had RP'd for a long time and still had not been awarded a ToD. I would get frustrated and discouraged.
whodatis? wrote:
Others have had it just as rough and they take things as they come and in stride.
When that happened I tried to remind myself "why" I played on the server and just "play".

Venerate One wrote:
Six years with this server. Same shit, different player. Let it lie. Seriously.

Just get on and play dude.

It has been difficult for me to be on at a convenient time when I could take part in this. I really hope I can. Thorgrim is ready to earn his "Mortal Risk Token" one way or the other. Either way I am sure it will prove to be a superb event.

With Averen temporarily incarcerated have you made another character to play? I would be more than happy to play/rp and get some adventures in with you.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Thread locked, Bear Den has the final word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Averen! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Averen!   Free Averen! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Averen!
Page 1 of 1