Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Resting in Dungeons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vistock

Resting in Dungeons Empty
PostSubject: Resting in Dungeons   Resting in Dungeons I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:52 am

Whoever plays a caster knows how hard it is to venture inside dungeons and tumbs.... you either run out of spells quickly or save them so much that you end up not using it... lol well the idea is good... but i realy think you should be able to rest inside a dungeon IF and only IF you are assisted by another player while you rest... *stand guard while you rest* well there are big dungeons that takes hours to get inside... and there is still the trip back out... and when a caster is out of spells its pretty much useles...
Back to top Go down
CalisCain

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Dungeons   Resting in Dungeons I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 am

I saw a script much like that on another server....ONly on or 2 party members could rest at a time depneding on the size of the party..the others must stand guard while they do so..it made dungeon resting possible.....I also agree...casters tend to run out of spells in the most inopportune moments.
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Dungeons   Resting in Dungeons I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:38 pm

This harkens back to when DD was a very low magic server and casters were a powerful asset.

I personally like the way you cannot rest in dungeons, it means the player must employ more strategy and act out the role of 'support weapon' rather than 'tactical missile' :p
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Dungeons   Resting in Dungeons I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Being I play a low level caster that is i would say well known. (dren) I would agree with Venerate, the inability to rest in dungeons is well implemented, and makes you think before you cast. But when you do you usually do quite an amount of damage. Just imo
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Dungeons   Resting in Dungeons I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Not going to happen people. Apologies but I've played a caster on both old DD and on the new incarnation. If you take the time to plan what you're doing, then you're fine. If you run around from room to room, that kind of takes strategy out of the equation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Dungeons   Resting in Dungeons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resting in Dungeons
Page 1 of 1