Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oh come on!

Go down 
+2
CalisCain
Raland
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raland

Raland

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:26 am

14 damage in one hit from the rat dungeon? Is this fair on a low level dungeon?
Back to top Go down
CalisCain

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:07 am

I Got a 12 scored on Maron when i did it as well...i think there needs to be a damage cap put in on that quest....its awkward if your forced to go back to the rat dungeon several times just to complete it.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:33 am

I think its rediculous that the weakest quest can deal more then your entire starting hitpoints as a fighter in a single it. Then again maybe the kobolds are an easier quest.. they seem to do around 1-2 damage when they are armed with something more then miniature teeth and claws. (generally a knife or a bullet) but they aren't in the starting area...
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 pm

FWIW, I have two issues with it.

First, rats +4 or +6 to hit. Second, rats are not considered "vermin", so a Priest of Chauntea can't turn them.

Makes it a pain in the butt (and a wee bit unfair) if you ask me. That quest should just get you to 2nd level, if you've all ready helped the little girl get her doll back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 pm

This quest has been a point of contention since doly ran the server... Now that it's in new hands it may change, but I personally don't see the need. This wasn't intended to be a level 1 quest, if you don't figure that out after you die the first time then perhaps, and again, this is just my opinion, you deserve to lose the xp *shrug*

You're not always going to win every battle, yes, it's frustrating, but you also have to learn when to cut and run. As much as it's chafed my characters to do so they know when to follow this simple rule of survival.

So my advice is this: Do not attempt this quest until you're about level 3. If you're foolish enough to do so before then, as unfortunate as it is, it's your own fault, no one told you you -had- to do this quest at level one. I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:35 am

Well I only died once.. and I made more pc then the 50 I lost so its all good, but I really thought it was a level one quest! Its right there, its normally people's second stop after the doll.

But how.. do rats become stronger then a kobold armed with weapons? Only one of them is even larger then a standard rat?
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:37 am

*sigh* really people, it's not that hard to figure out. The damage they do isn't horrid, save the uber rat. but they hit so well because they get *gasp* FLANKING bonuses just like players. and just because its peoples 2nd stop after jenny doesn't mean it should be.

Last edited by whodatis? on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 am

I died 1v1 with that damned rat thats likely gourged itself on some mutating substance to supply its hax!
Back to top Go down
CalisCain

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 am

I never seem to have a problem with that quest unless im using a melee Based Class. My Mages always tend to make it through the quest unscathed.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 am

Well you never got criticaled ^^
Back to top Go down
CalisCain

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:26 am

I use summons and familiars lol....and the art of running away, it does wonders for staying alive. My Melee guys dont have the advantage of summons.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:56 am

I have to say, archers and summoners have a much better chance at low level. Trap setters do OK too...

My Orc Fighter and Dwarf Monk both had hard times with that room. But I have to say, Monk Speed helped the dwarf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
rapid55

rapid55

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 pm

DMs, make the rats wererats, instead. Smile It'd make much more sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh come on! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh come on!   Oh come on! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh come on!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: Complaints aka The Whine and Cheese Room-
Jump to: