Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!

Go down 
+4
zei-keil
Bear_Den
Snottling
Tearing the Weave
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! Empty
PostSubject: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:18 am

Indeed! For the first time in a very long time I wake up, log on and DAMN! Daggerdale ISN''T up! *shifts his eyes toward Snottling* Uh-huh...wheeerrree's it at?
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Yeah, that's very strange, becasue it's been up all day, just as usual. I didn't realize that it didn't show on gamespy until I read this topic. I rebooted the system, and the server now shows again. I'm sorry for that.

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:17 pm

*growls rabidly and looks at his missing foot* You mean to tell me that I've had my history screen up ALL day waiting for Daggerdale to FINALLY show up ...*pauses to stop the bleeding* and it's been up ALL DAY?! *screeches like a maniac* And here I've had nothing to do ALL DAY except chew on my limbs?!!!!!!!!!! Blasted Hells?! Anyone know a good surgeon? Strange indeed.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:52 am

*looks at pre-chewed foot* Okay, is it NOT showing up again or is it down?!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:22 am

It's been up all day, just as usual. I've been working frantically to make it show on gamespy. In the end I uninstalled the Comodo firewall software, and now it's showing. Now I'm only running the windows firewall, which is not comfortable, to say the least. I'm hunting for a new software firewall, maybe you guys may have some suggestions?

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:35 am

Nope I don't have any suggestions...sorry.But as of this post it's still not showing up on my end.

Update 2:10 p.m. Still no module.Recourse: Slits wrist. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:04 pm

That is so weird. I saw players on when I left earlier. I can see it on gamespy. You can't. How the hell can that be.? I've tried rebooting the server, the computer, the router... I don't know what more to do Sad
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:07 pm

I just now checked and it's up.It is now 3:07 my time...3 minutes after you posted but I have a visual.I repeat I have a visual.Lol..we jinxed ourselves the other night when we praised the stability.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I looked for it this morning before work, and could not find. I even tried a direct connect to the IP Sad

See you guys on tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Yeah Bear I did the same thing and got zilch.
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:49 pm

I was trying the Zone Alarm firewall software. Apparently, some could see it, some couldn't. Now I'm back to the windows firewall. This should work. I hope it does. I can see the server on gamespy. Hope everyone can.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Haven't had any issues since from my end.
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:22 am

Okay, now I'm running a trial version of Norton Internet Security 2009. Let me know if you have any trouble seeing the server on gamespy.I can see it on my end. Heck, If it works, I'll buy it.

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:18 pm

I see it!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy but i've also seen it for the last few days... it never disappeared on me. But i do see it!
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Location : Operations center of a Random Lol Generator somewhere in texas

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:20 pm

yea norton pretty much is the king, i use it and its never failed!
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Norton.. has never found a virus on my comp. NEVER! Even when i did in fact have the Vundo virus. I had Norton 2007 Pro. Even payed for it! And it never found a thing. I hate norton. I'd sooner use SpyBot Search and Destroy. I know use SuperAntiSpyWare. It by my standards is one of the best out there. (sorry had to rant) Oh! And i got the Vundo virus off my comp WITHOUT a vundo remover, i did it myself.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

I use Avast, Snot. It's free and I never had an issue with people finding the server.
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:24 pm

whodatis? wrote:
I use Avast, Snot. It's free and I never had an issue with people finding the server.

Yeah, avast! is a good anti-virus program, but I'm looking for a firewall. I was running avast! before I installed Norton, and it was great. But no firewall. Thanks nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:45 pm

I never use firewalls. sure I have to live with the fact anyone could hack my pc easily and all that but it hasn't happened yet and even the mildest firewall has interfered with other games (though no server problems with nwn)
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Location : Operations center of a Random Lol Generator somewhere in texas

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:15 pm

even if you dont like norton that much you gota admit it is the best of those few who run with nwn
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:23 pm

I use AVG and a program called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Both working together have kept me pretty safe for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!   Hmmm...A Strange Occurence! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmmm...A Strange Occurence!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: Complaints aka The Whine and Cheese Room-
Jump to: