A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Minor Cloak Of Displacement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
operationblade
DM
DM

PostSubject: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Upon equipping the cloak the first time it worked fine, when putting it on again after it seems to not work :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death And Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Mine no longer works either, though I previously dyed it. Perhaps this breaks it? I was also informed that it wasn't in the loot tables, so I couldn't get it replaced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
operationblade
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 pm

it must be in the loot tables, otherwise you wouldnt be able to get it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whodatis?
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:06 pm

the loot is generated randomly. no, it isn't "in" there and no, it can't/won't be replaced. just roleplay it as the magic has worn off

The next time you're having a bad day, imagine this: You're a Siamese twin. Your brother, attached at your shoulder is gay. You're not. He has a date coming over today. But you have the only ass. Feel better now???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
operationblade
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 am

lol it must be loot cant be made from thin air. It has to be premade and than that will be "somewhere" within the custom made shit, this is the whine room so i will when that something isnt scripted right lol Razz. To prevent this happening in future however to others the item should be found within the toolset and its desciription edited with an OOC mark saying that the item will "bug" if you dye this. Thats not a rebelion remark its a suggestion, seems unfair for a player to lose something without a decent RP reason and to just say "the magic is worn off" since my character used it for a split second it would seem odd.

If snottling you wish for me to however look at the script for you to also prevent this in future feel free to pm me in game, im always happy to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whodatis?
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:58 pm

well, maybe it just happened to yours...I know others have dyed them and they work just fine. *shrug* in any event, i was just giving you a reason to rp it not working. carry on with the whining.

Oh, a subnote, the loot is spawned in pieces. part one would be what type, cloak, sword, etc...and then it goes from there. so no, there isn't something in the loot that is labeled as whatever any item is

The next time you're having a bad day, imagine this: You're a Siamese twin. Your brother, attached at your shoulder is gay. You're not. He has a date coming over today. But you have the only ass. Feel better now???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 am

Yeah, as a builder on this server the loot generation is randomized.All tems are scripted genericaly so that when they spawn the script fires and creates items "out of thin air".This was put in to prevent high level itmes being given as gifts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor Cloak Of Displacement   

Back to top Go down

Minor Cloak Of Displacement
Page 1 of 1