Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FederOnline

FederOnline

Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves Empty
PostSubject: Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves   Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Clyde fought two Wights in the bottom of the Crypts, was hit three times, made TWO saves but still lost three levels. Don't believe me...see below....

Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves LevelDrainSaves

Note his Level...3...
Note his XP, 21,000 for the next level (puts him at 6)...
Note the three saves (including two successes)...go from +10, +9, +8...Ouch.

No wonder William is having an undead problem!!! Shocked

EDIT: Two of those levels came back after a rest. The other came back after a visit to the Temple...
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Preddy

Preddy

PostSubject: Re: Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves   Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:38 pm

nasty, real nasty but since its temporary, doesnt seem like a bug
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves   Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:47 am

What he said. *points at Preddy*
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

PostSubject: Re: Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves   Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Only PART of it was temporary, and if I make my save, I kick their arses. But, instead, I have to run because 3 more hits and I'm dead.

Something that is broken AND totally changes the outcome of an encounter...THAT sounds like a bug. If it says I get a Fort save, it should count for something, not kill me after 6 hits.

Just because it appears temporary doesn't mean 1) I can't die from it, 2) it's unfair and counter to the rules, and 3) it's not a bug. That concept is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves   Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 am

Fact is, sometimes things happen even though you make your save. It's a partial save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves   Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Level Drain and Negative Energy Saves
Page 1 of 1