Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server status tool

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Telkar

Telkar

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:18 am

I know some servers have a tool that allows the players to check on the sever's status from a web page. I think it'd be a good idea for this one, so I'd like to know how the admins take to it. Question
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/matthiasinn
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:10 pm

If you want to find a link and put it here, be my guest. I didn't know there was a problem with it showing up in the lists.
Back to top Go down
Telkar

Telkar

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:56 am

There isn't a problem with that, but it's nice to know how it is from other computers when I'm away. Like if I'm deciding what to do. Say I'd like to mess around in DD and the server isn't up. Better to not come home for a disappointment.

I found some nice tool somewhere on the vault, but don't seem to find it now O_-, I'll post it when I do.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks Telk LOL
Back to top Go down
Telkar

Telkar

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:04 am

This is the best looking web page server status display I could find. I bet it's possible to hide certain fields there like levels and alignments. But check it out if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 am

Has this been looked at or thought of doing? Just curious, i think this would be a very useful tool to implement. Then if your on a schools computer or at a friends you would know whether or not you wanna come home to play or not. And also a way for you DM's to check in on the server when away. Though that isnt really an issue since your usually on your guard for crashes/bugs and such. Just thought this would be a really cool tool to have.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:10 pm

You could use Xfire, add the server to favorites, update the ip when it changes, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server status tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server status tool   Server status tool I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server status tool
Page 1 of 1