Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ryan Kilganon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zhao

Zhao

Ryan Kilganon Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Kilganon   Ryan Kilganon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:21 am

Ryan slowly entered the small clearing in the middle of the dense forest. Trees that could dwarf the tallest of castles stood sentry over this small oasis. A waterfall gurled softly over a small cliff into a deep pool. It was unusually quite, no foot falls could be heard, no whispers between sweethearts who had come to see the stars reflected in the pool. Some said the place was cursed, others that it was a holy place. Depending on the person telling the tale your deepest and darkest nightmares were visited upon you, or your best and happiest memories came back in a flood that quickly swept away all doubt or sadness. Now, in the middle of the night it was solemn and calm, like a crowd before a play.

As soon as Ryan's foot set down in the glen a soft, sad note drifted from the pool, in an instand her face flashed before his eyes, then an axe streaking fire like a comet, then nothing. He closed his eyes and shook his head.

"Father, I need your advice."

The note stopped and Alexander appeared next to Ryan.

"Son, it is good to see you. I'm sorry I didn't think your thoughts were so depressing else I wouldn't have played." Alexander sat on a boulder by the pond, setting down his violin. The wood was black as jet, the strings appeared to be made of silver.

"Its all right Father, it saves me the time of having to tell you what happened. Though, I think I may prefer you give me the option of telling you first." Ryan smirked softly and sat at his fathers feet as he had done countless times before.

"A..." Alexander began, but an icey look from Ryan stoped him. Alexander sighed then continued. "Fine, Ryan." He speaks the name with a hint of sadness. "You know one of these days you will stay dead if you keep taking risks like that..did you at least wound your assailant?"

"No....She said "Ryan you're a fool...", I said "I know" and then her ax swung and everything went dark."Ryan finishes, his eyes downcast.

Alexander laughs soflty. "Not last words to inspire men to greatness, but fitting words for you, son." He smiles as he ruffles Ryans hair.

Ryan grins and allows his Father to ruffle his hair before turning his gaze back to him. "Did you find out anything more about the Necromancer?" Red fireworks go off behind Ryans eyes, causing him to pitch foward. He grits his teeth in pain a low growl escapes his lips a light sheen of sweat coats his brow. A voice low and raspy echoes in his head. " I do not like people asking questions about me without permision." The voice and pain fade leaving Ryan gasping to regain his breath.

"Nothing new I am afraid. There are limits to what I can find Ryan, but I will continue to search." Alexander watches Ryan a moment, waiting for an explanation about the sudden growl, but its clear Ryan will not be saying anything. A long pause then hesitantly. "Have you heard from your mother?"

Ryan nods. "Yes, she sent me some soup a while back when I had a cold. She is doing well Father, she seems happy and healthy."

"Good,,,good" Alexander looks down into the pool for a long moment.

"I thought of a new line for the duet you were working on...No more talk of darkness let daylight dry your tears."

His Father smiles." Well done, now a response..Hmm... All I want is freedom, a world with no more light." He smirks now, the exact smirk he passed onto Ryan. "Have you continued your studies Ryan?"

"Yes Father, though I need to learn more. It's why I came to see you; do you have time to teach me?"

"Of course." Alexander picks up his violin and begins to play, but stops mid note. "Have you found anyone for the duets yet Ryan?"

"No..not many bards in the Falls, but I continue to look."

"Have you recanted your stance on..." Before he can finish Ryan interupts angrily.

"No Father, I haven't nor will I. I have seen what that can do to people and I want no part in it."

Alexander sighs heavily. "My son, one day I hope you see the folly in your logic, but until then," He begins to play soflty, "Sharpen your ears and fingers, your lesson begins."

After a few hours the lesson concludes and Ryan makes his farewell to his father.

"A moment Ryan, Lia, what is she to you?"

"A friend father, one who makes the world a more interesting place."He grins. "Before you ask, no, she is nothing more then a friend. She all ready has one to keep her company and confidences."

"One day Ryan you'll.." But that is as far as Alexander gets. Ryan has all ready started on his way back to the Falls.
Back to top Go down
Zhao

Zhao

Ryan Kilganon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Kilganon   Ryan Kilganon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Ryan sits on his accustomed bench and leans against the wall. He stares into the fire for a moment, taking out his lute and soflty playing. He looks to the guard to his left.

"Tiberius, did I ever tell you about when I first started out?"

Tiberius glances down at Ryan. He doesn't quite know what to think of the young bard. While his songs and stories are a good distraction from the boredom of guard duty he wonders why the youth doesn't spend more time at the inn. He also thought bards were suposed to ryhm everything and walk around saying Hail and Thee and Thou. Its also true that occasionaly that young farmers daughter comes to hear Ryan sing, now those are good days. Tiberius grins under his helm thinking that someday he'll ask her to one of the harvest festivals, maybe he'll have Ryan write him a poem. He suddenly remembers he was asked a question and looks down at the bard. Ryan has his usuall grin displayed. Tiberius shakes his head.

"No, you never have." Tiberius leans against the wall taking some of the weight off his feet as he settles back to hear the bards tale.

"Well it was one of my first adventures, I had been travelling with...." and with that the bards tale begins............................................................

Ryan had been travelling with two others for little over two months. The first was a handsome young man, with hair the colour of a moonless night and smile that could outshine the stars. He was quick and agile and had natural grace. Where his body was graceful, his personality was just a bit brash. He was good looking and he knew it. His name was Marius and he fought with dual rapiers. His armour was always coloured bright red and gold and he stood out on any battlefield. He lived for attention and he usually got it. His other traveling companion was a half elven girl. Her hair the colour of spun gold, except for two streaks of pink that constantly flowed over her eyes. She said that was a trait of all the women in her family. Blond hair but two streaks of colour in thier bangs. Her mother had pure white, her grandmother had purple. She was a druid, her prefered weapon an ironwood staff that had a vine carved up the side ending in a rose at the top of her staff. She was demure in public, prefering others to have the spotlight, while she was content to watch. Her eyes noted everything and she rarely forgot anything. Rose was the soft spoken strength of the group.

They had been in a little farming village for the past week and were trying to hunt down a manticore that had been raiding the farmers livestock. They had been searching in the hills when they finally found the beast. Thier first encounter had not gone well. None of them knew very much about manitcores, so when the beast launched its quills at them, to say it shook them would be an understatement. Suddenly they were no longer the hunters but the hunted and as they retreated to try and come up with a new strategy. They took refuge in a cave, Ryans leather armour had been shredded by the quills.

"Im afraid my healing skills aren't enough to mend this wound with magic Ryan" Rose fretted as she threaded a needle with dark black string."I think this will scar."

Ryan grimaced as he watched Rose begin to sew the mangled flesh on his shoulder back together. "No worries Rose, they say you measure an adventurer by the scars he wears." Rose grins soflty hearing his bravado.

"Thats only if you wish to be an ugly adventurer..not that you weren't close to that all ready Ryan." Marius smirks as he watches out the caves entrance. Making sure the manticore doesn't advance past the mouth of the cave. "So whats the plan to get out of here..we don't have any food left and I'm pretty sure the manticore won't just leave." Marius tries to shoo the beast away, to wich the manticore sends another volley of spines into the cave.

"Stop doing that Marius..your gonna get us impaled"Ryan ducks the spikes and hunkers behind a rock as Rose finishes the stitching.

"Bastards gotta run out some time...doesn't he?"Marius leans agains the rock hes sheltering behind.

Ryan picks up his longbow and takes an arrow from the quiver on the ground. Before they left they were gifted with a half dozen arrows enchanted with acid. An idea pops into Ryans head, he has no shot from where he is, but if Rose and Marius distract the beast he could dash out and fire while diving behind another rock for cover. His mind reeled with the stories of his youth, the stories his father told of heroes making impossible shots, of surviving enourmous odds. In his heart Ryan knew this would work. He quickly explained the plan to the others.

"Sounds really stupid, but if your gonna be the one that shoots, go ahead, you'll be a bigger target anyways" Marius hid behind his rock preparing to jump out. Rose squeezed Ryans hand. Ryan gave the signal Marius jumped out and Ryan began his run.

Time slowed down, Ryan lept for safety as he drew back the arrow. He saw the beast eye him, the quills fly. He let the arrow go, he knew it would take the beast between its eyes. The arrow flew and imbedded itself in the top of the caves opening. Ryan landed and as he did he snapped the bows string. Marius cursed in pain as a spine ripped through his left hand.

"Bloody hell Ryan,,what happened?" Marius growled.

"That should have worked...I mean in all my fathers stories the hero always makes the shot, no matter how impossible....."

"You based your plan off your dads stories! How daft are you!? Of course they worked in the bleeding stories!Who would want to hear of the hero, his dashingly handsome traveling comapinion and thier busty sidekick getting killed in thier very first trial!" Marius grunted as he ripped the spine from his hand and kept glaring in the direction of Ryan.

"Busty traveling companion?!" Rose shrieked. "Marius you better hope that manticore kills me becuse if it doesn't I'm going to rip you limb from limb..busty traveling compaion...empty headed, ego driven boys is what I'm stuck with." Rose fumed. Ryan made his way back to the quiver and using the broken string he tied the remaining arrows around the bow, now a staff.

"Marius, do you still have those two bottles of wine, the ones in the green bottles?" Ryan asked.

"Aye."

"Toss them here" Marius retrieved the bottles from his kit and rolled them to Ryan. He quickly broke the bottles until he had the bottoms alone. He took out a two leather straps from his kit and tied the bottoms of the green glass around his eyes like goggles. "I have a new idea."

"I hope its better then the last"muttered Marius.

"All right, Marius bring those thunderstones back here, on my mark you and Rose throw them, but make sure you have your eyes closed the minute you do. Then I'll run up and stab the beast with my makeshift spear. Hopefully the glass will shield my eyes enough to get a good stab in, then you two either run out and finish it off, or if it fails horribly,,run back to the village for help."

Rose and Marius looked at Ryan as if he had lost his mind but he was able to convince them it was thier only hope. So they threw the stones and covered thier eyes. As soon as they pitched them Ryan started running towards the beast, the light and sound from the stones almost drove him to his knees but he was able to keep moving, the make shift goggles working. He tried to take the beast under the throat but he missed only getting the side of its head. He was tossed to the ground by a huge paw and as the mangled jaw came down to clamp around his neck, an ironwood staff came between Ryans soft flesh and the iron teeth lining the manticores neck. The beast sunk to its knees, then fell over as a rapier took it through the neck.

"Did you really think I'd let you die wearing those ridiculous goggles?"smirked Marius. Rose knelt and ruffled Ryans hair and Ryan let out a victory yell and all three jumped and danced about the beast. The skinned it as proof of thier deed and brought it back to the village................

"Thats one of my first adventures, mabye not very glamorous but entertaining no? It was after that we all took our own sigils. Marius chose a black stallion as his, which of course he had set in jet on his armour. Rose took a bramble of vines, deep green, with black thorns a blood red rose in the middle of it." Ryan sighs in nostalgia.

The pretty young farmers daughter begins to walk towards them. Tiberius stands straighter and Ryan begins to play a soft melody, one of her favourites. The young lass smiles and makes her way towards them. Not a bad tale, thinks Tiberius.
Back to top Go down

Ryan Kilganon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: In Character Forum :: Character Histories/Bio's-
Jump to: