Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!

Go down 
+3
Mattews
Venerate One
Tearing the Weave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! Empty
PostSubject: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Okay once again ladies and gentleman...boys and girls from all walks of life! This thread has been thrown up to see what you the players would like to see added to the module in terms of areas and creatures. All ideas no matter how insane, creative, absurd or ingenius will be accepted and pondered.Areas can be ANYTHING from adding to an existing area including the towns or a whole dungeon.....whatever you would like to see or use for a more in depth rp experience or for a challenging kick ass fight!.......So step right up and let the games begin!

*This message has been brought to you as a public service announcement by your friendly Daggerdale Team*
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:21 pm

More reasons for people to visit Anathar's Dell. That place has a special place in my heart but its always deserted unless people are on the formian quest...
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 pm

^^^ Duly noted.Actually in the next update that is being addressed...Smile I've already incorporated a way to bring more traffic to Teshwave as well.
Back to top Go down
Mattews

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:28 pm

I agree with that... Dagger falls gets all the glory! Those poor other towns... Smile
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:35 pm

More emotes? Smoking pipes, bla bla?
AI is becoming kick ass - though I still would like to see goblins run for closeby friends when confronted with someone who just slaughtered his friends with a lucky great cleave roll. Or with Giants using their size and grabbing players for instance, or stomping on them Razz

How about snipers, assassins? Intelligent enemies flanking, focussing on one foe? Pre-buffed enemies?

On ye olde DD Doly had a script that allowed DMs to prebuff certain spell an NPC had prepared. He also allowed the NPCs to have scripts like : Magekiller - Teleporter - Weakest Char - Most wounded char, etc etc
Prebuffing - all buffs instantly cast on a mage / group upon spawn is actually realistic for any group not in a habitational situation. A Zhent group out patrolling would buff one another - especially when they know goodie PCs are about.
However Orcs in their lair would not necessarily walk around fully buffed per se... perhaps their leaders for fear of weaker orcs trying to challenge them?

Stories are important. Even a low level orc about to be slain by a PC had a life. Maybe Orc kids running about - begging for their life, or helping the bigger orcs to fend off that annoying player who think's he's so good whos commiting genocide.....

A tool that can pause the current time of day/night. Yes I know it would also allow spells to last forever, but it would be darn handy in times of plot or such.

More books, player written or otherwise.

A playerrun library?

*is ranting, incoherently perhaps.... *

Anathar's Dell is actually more hospitable than Daggerfall... but oh well, other people their loss.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:14 pm

^-O Damn Q-liscious the Vicious! Hahaha... For the first part of your thread concerning AI all of those issues are not my domain unfortunately those need to be addressed to the scripter :p Thank God! ...Maybe if the inception of CEP does come about some monster children models can be used.As for now though a full sized orc with the name orc child that looks like an orc fighter just doesn't seem realistic or appealing to me personally...I can create snipers and assassins as well but the AI they use is entirely that of the scripters skill...I cannot do that.The books idea is good.I can address that in the next update.And a library also can be addressed on my end.Backgrounds for NPC's I can do as well.

I would like you all the staff however to pm any ideas, and backgrounds, descriptions for any npc's you would like built for future plots and DM use in general.Now without further ado I re-open the thread to more ideas.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Okay... One thing I don't understand about the rat lady quest is... She pays us 100 gold to clean out rats and steal from her in her basement? Show me chaotic points when looting the stuff in her basement or add dialogue to where she wants you to clean out her late husband junk.
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Or cut the gold reward and people can just keep what they find?

A biggie for me, which I found out today much to my distress, is that Devine Champs cant use raise dead scrolls...which sound a bit silly to me, especialy seen as rangers and pallys can. Afterall they are devine champs themsevles...
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:56 pm

I would like to see a mage guild or a wizard tower in Dagger Falls or outside of Dagger Falls that in no way connected to the Zhents. Also was reading the 3.0 FR Book and noticed the rumors part in Daggerdale. Tibby might remember this from a IM conversation a year or two ago. But those rumors would be a good idea for quests. Don't know the story behind Tethymar but a dungeon thats is Tethymar for high level characters? Also, the elves at Wayrest mention "Tall Trees" seems like an ideal place for another elf town. Just some thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

*Update*
While RPing Ave out. Having a tool based on the craft traps skill to make thieves tools. Provided by having metal sheets to craft them out. Depending on the type of metal of the sheets of metal would determine how powerful the tools are. One thing that always made me question rogues out in the middle of nowhere with no thieves tools or lock pick on them is, how in the heck did they open that chest in outside the raiders place, a strong piece of grass blade?
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:01 am

Tripp wrote:

*Update*
While RPing Ave out. Having a tool based on the craft traps skill to make thieves tools. Provided by having metal sheets to craft them out. Depending on the type of metal of the sheets of metal would determine how powerful the tools are. One thing that always made me question rogues out in the middle of nowhere with no thieves tools or lock pick on them is, how in the heck did they open that chest in outside the raiders place, a strong piece of grass blade?

You don't actually need a lockpick to break or open a lock, your skill would enable you to do it with a dagger, or perhaps a hairpin? (elves anyone? Razz Male AND female Razz). And you are kinda considered to be using a lockpicking set anyway. Just the ones you find are a bit better is all. Hence the +1/+3/+6/+10 bonusses. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:42 am

*Takes notes*
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:09 am

Look up lock picks or lockpicking on Wikipedia. Highly doubt a dagger or even a twig of ironwood would do >_>
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Perhaps not on avarage day locks, but in medieval times things were different. I have opened car doors with nothing but a strip of iron myself. There's always a trick if you know where to look - it's traps i.e. car-alarms you would want to be careful about. ANd I mean the DC of the lock would also change depending on the trick needed to open said lock. A simple shackle lock, or swing lock is usually easier than a cilindrical lock (compare your sister's/niece's/own diary lock to a frontdoor lock). Both however have a trick as to their working. The higher the skill of the locksmith/burglar/crook the easier a more difficult type of lock would become.

I think lockpicking - the skill - adresses the knowledge and ability to open a lock with tools at hand. Having highly specialized tools at hand, masterwork or what nots will only aid the person trying to pry open that particular chest.

I think it's a matter of viewpoint?
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:23 pm

As you can pick locks without lockpicks, you are assumed to have basic ones or something you can use if you have the skill. There is no need to be able to craft enchanted one, nor is it feasible. You just don't have the time to do this when in the wilds. It's not a bad idea, just one that's not needed. If we did that, we'd have to make it so you can't open any chest without them. And since a wire will work on most locks, the added weight to be carried by thieves is prolly not welcome. Razz Move on to the next thought, lads.
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:20 pm

Actualy, I am somewhat of an official on the subject,

To pick a lock you need two things, something sturdy, and something bendy. One to hold the lock in place to turn, and another to bend the pins to the correct locking position.

...bit of geekery there for you, I wont elaborate any more :p
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Just a little bump on this.Seems to have been thrown a bit off topic and turned into a debate instead of processing module area ideas.Would like to see a bit more interest from the base as the building is for them after all.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 pm

I know of only one place on the server where there used to be a"safe" rest area for a party that is in hostile territory.

Yes, I know, hostile territory hence no safe place. In smaller caves, buildings and outdoor areas this is not a problem, but in larger cavern complexes it would be very difficult for a mage to be any type of help to a small group of adventurers.

Would safe areas be considered in large cavern complexes/ many leveled towers?
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:54 pm

I always found this to be a perk of the mod. It meant that mages (Highly powered on a low magic server) have to be tactical with their magic, and use it only at the right times rather than blasting off like the 4th of July every encounter.
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:17 pm

It would also mean you do not go walking around fully buffed all the time but do so when you notice the enemies become harder perhaps....
And Ven is of course 100% right because in the land of the blind the one eyed is king. Though the server is no longer low magic there's still some residue around for mages to become immensely powerful at level 10+.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:56 pm

We are in the process of tweaking the loot scripts so things won't be so...out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!   It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's The Pick Your Own Poison Thread!!!!
Page 1 of 1