Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dwarves new Armor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:13 pm

*Mud sucked at his steel boots as he stepped out of his house onto the track leading through town. He pulled his hood up over his head and then slung a heavy sack over his shoulder.*

Durned rain! *the stocky dwarf muttered as he made his way through Dagger Falls. He passed friends and strangers, offering a nod and ‘Aye’ , but steadily made his way to the forge*

*Pausing only long enough to rap his mailed fist on the door once before entering, he pushed his way into the squat building*

I be want’n ye to get some work done on this *unceremoniously drops the sack at Falrans feet, several plates of darkened metal spill out as the sack burst open*

Ye jus’ name yer price fer tha’ job and I give’d it to ye, but *wags a fat finger at Falran* If yer need’n ta’ get tha’ durned magiker to cast stink’in magik on it ye best tell’d me now so I c’n get far ‘nuff out’a town fer a bit. Oh, Aye. If yer need’n someth’in special fer work’in tha’ metal ye tell’d me.

*stomps across the floor leaving a trail of mud through the Forge*

-- I’ll try to talk to a DM in game to deliver the armor and fee’s
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:37 pm

((what exactly are you looking to have done/made? or do you want to talk in game
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:51 pm

I have a +1 adamantine fullplate. Would like to get enchanted to +3 or +4 if possible.

Not sure what...if any special enchantments could be applied ( haste, displacement, Bulls Str etc) Also have a +2 FullPlate (if the +1adamantine gets ruined 'doh')

If he is required to get some unique and difficult to acquire reagants for the process to become completed would be great!
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:51 pm

............... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Makuren

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:52 pm

(No offense but this seems just plain wierd. Or take it offensively because I put the "No offense" wording in my sentance, thats entirely subjective upon the reader.. anyway. Call me an old fashion DDer but I need to vent a point here. Since when is Farlan able to craft gear above the +1 variant. I remember Farlan selling +1 items to people holding a specific faction badge to special members. To my knowledge +2 - +5 equipment and enchantments came from hard work by getting through difficult areas and enemy spawns to gain access to high loot table randomized chests. I have never seen the day when someone just waddles into a shop with a low end gear item with the idea that they could enchant it to rediculous levels that are only obtained by high loot table boss chests. I guess that day is now eh?

Where would Farlan have the time to acquire the goods? Wouldn't he have to close his shop for months to travel and gather it? If it was given by the dwarf, wouldn't Farlan be locked up for weeks on end making it? This would leave new players out of a local blacksmith in DF. Where would he find a mage with such ability that he could embue the weaponry and armor? They're hard to find. Wouldn't the mage want some profit as well? Farlan would have a lot of IC concequences if he followed through with the work and it would affect players locally. Not only that I'm pretty sure his chance of success would be 20% and below because all he is known of crafting is +1 gear. One would have a better chance finding the Teshwave or Dagger Falls militia supplier and work with their blacksmith because they have more experience with the work(Since the armors are well crafted and magically imbued, than a dwarf who can only craft +1 items). My point here is that you cant just poof armour out of nowhere, this would actually have some huge IC affects.

I am not pointing fingers here guys or flaming at any one of you, I'm just looking at this realistically in a rp fashion. As an old DDer since BETA I've lived and breathed DD as a player and never seen this kind of behavior acted out before which I personally find awkward and out of place. Ultimately this depends on how the DMs on the staff want DD to run, whatever they choose is the final decision which everyone will respect. I am just placing all the cards on the table and proposing an arguement here because like Ven 1, I'm pretty much shocked at this thread and what the player is demanding(considering DD used to be a low level low loot table server.. which I still believe and hope it is..) These benefits are normally items given to players by hard high RP driven quests.
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:54 am

Personally I am wondering why any dwarf would want better gear.... they can just go out, kill some firegiants and get some. Seeing how all the gear you lot already have it perfectly tuned for it.

Reforging armour is also, as far as I know with PnP armours, useless. Melting it down removes any enchantments and spells from it.

All Farlan would have to do is craft a masterwork armour, and then a mage, runesmith, or otherwise magically inclined character with the craft magic arms/armour feat could enchant it if he possessed the right spell (for pure AC enchantment this would be Mage Armour 90% of the time) and if you want other things like DR or spell resistance those spells (for SR you would need a priest actually with the feat) and that mage would have to be willing to give up a hefty amount of xp, not to mention the various material components required for it. You would also need a nice bar of the metal, and melting down an already crafted armour would result you in allot of junk getting molten down too, even after removing the chainmail, the leather and the padding a full plate armour is made out of you only retain a fraction of the metal when reforging it.

Many of us walk(ed) around with +1 armours for most of our DD life, with the max attainable being a +2 or the faction armours and we did things like Auchmellor, Green Dragons, Liches, Scars, Drow outposts/villages, hells some of us even went so far as to attack Daggerfall or Teshwave herself.

I understand the PnP reason behind adjusting/reforging armours, but it would also make the most powerful on this server more powerful if just avarage smiths and such could reforge this like it's nothing. And who else but the powerful would be able to just drop armours with +3/+5 bonusses on the poor smith like it's a Greenstone or Alexandrite?
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:00 am

Yeah....Farlan can't enchant armor at all. He doesn't work with any known finger wagglers at all. I think the point about magic items possibly being destroyed when he crafted them was misconstrued. What I meant by that was the staff was not going to be having Farlan do crafting and/or modifying as much anymore. And if he did, it would be costly and have a chance to destroy the item in question. I apologize for any misunderstanding. The only things that grow in magic value on the server are the special items that have been made for either quest items or for the weapon master class. The reason for that is to keep people with their weapon and not penalize them for keeping said weapon when something with a higher + comes along.

Again, I apologize if the information was misleading in any way. But Farlan won't be able to do this.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:21 am

I was looking at a post on another part of the forum and must have mis-understood the intent.

I am cool with it not being possible and didn't mean to cause a big stir. A simple "No, it cannot be done would suffice"
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:29 pm

I do appologize if the original post seemed as a demand. I was writing it as if performed by Thorgrim (a gruff, not much social skill dwarf).

It was in no way meant as a demand for anything.

I appreciate all the work that the staff do to ensure DD is a fun place for everyone to game and all the players that make it the unique place that it is.
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:53 pm

My appologies if I seemed a bit unfriendly myself, 'twas not meant as such Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dwarves new Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dwarves new Armor   Dwarves new Armor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarves new Armor
Page 1 of 1