Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....

Go down 
+3
Tripp
Blue-Wizard
liquid shadow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... Empty
PostSubject: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:04 am

The outpost of Wayrest has been closed off to any that are non elven. When asked why by anyone other then an elf the guards are brusque and give no response other then to say that non elves no longer welcome. Elves however, are told to speak with Galagos if they have any further inquiries into the matter.

Upon speaking with the leader of the tiny community, one will find that they have segregated themselves from the surrounding communities and wish no further contact with any outsiders, at least for the time being. Due to the influx of refugees in the aftermath of the dragon attack, a toll was taken on the surrounding forests and it's inhabitants. Needless to say, the elves inhabiting said forest did not wish to see yet more of their homeland destroyed, and so are undertaking steps to stop it's decline.
Back to top Go down
Blue-Wizard

Blue-Wizard

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:09 am

(( This is probably a stupid question. (((I have many))) What about half-elves?))
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:00 am

((If the quest giver for the green dragons in Wayrest for Dragon Eggs is Half-Elf, then I would hope half-elves are welcomed also. This reminds me of Moonvines on LSM/TSM where the original Ave lead a rebellion because of a ban like this.))
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:23 pm

((nope, no half elves either..elitist scum))
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:47 pm

((Just playing elves just got a bit more diffcult... LSM/TSM Moonvines FTW!))
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:00 pm

The elves are now keeping non elves out of the forest altogether. No reason is given to non elves and elves will be told to speak with Galagos.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:47 pm

*Very much irritating Averen by this. He barely is ever seen now within a hundred meters of the forest edge. Yet when asked why, he blames his kins ignorance. True, how in the nine hells will the remaining elves of Cormanthor keep out overwhelming numbers of interlopers when they can't even hold down a hobgoblin and gnoll infestation?*
Back to top Go down
Blue-Wizard

Blue-Wizard

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:59 pm

// Another stupid question. Now that Wayrest is in the Border Forest, is the Border Forest off limits, or is it still the Cormanthor? //
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 pm

((Yeah, please clarify that and how a town of elves that been there for over 1500 years move to the forest across the street/tesh trail? Just seems... None canon to FR... Something that always sold me to this server is how well it goes hand in hand with FR setting.))
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 pm

Tripp wrote:
((Yeah, please clarify that and how a town of elves that been there for over 1500 years move to the forest across the street/tesh trail? Just seems... None canon to FR... Something that always sold me to this server is how well it goes hand in hand with FR setting.))

I don't know Doly personally....exchanged a few emails is all...but he always said he wanted a PnP game on the PC. Not being a FR PnP D&D Player, I wouldn't know, but was told this is as close to the PnP Maps as is reasonable...

My $0.02....or less...
Kurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 am

Soooo....I searched again.And again I found no evidence of Wayrest of even being an actual FR PnP locale.Wayrest is nothing more than a place Doly made for the elves so actually it can liberally be moved as I have no idea where you came up with it has been here for more than 1500 years.If you have proof of this point me in that direction because I even looked on Candlekeep.Wayrest isn't a town so much as an outpost.That being said the RP reason for it being moved is as follows.The Elven Retreat has ended and elves are returning to the mainland in large groups.Cormanthor is being repopulated by old elven families returning home.During the servers run before it was decommissioned a group of Zhents led by Azrael completely destroyed Wayrest and its inhabitants.Now not to sidetrack but a side note for you...Wayrest was way too damn close to Teshwave.Cormanthor on the pnp maps is far away from Teshwave...so it was moved in correlation to the realigning of the maps in a proper manner.But for rp purposes they took their time and decided that since Cormanthor was slowly being reclaimed the outpost could and should be moved to a more discreet, secure and isolated place.Also they figured by the move they could get a bit of revenge by harrassing the Zhent logging operations.They decided the Border Forest would be the next reclamation project so the outpost was moved.As they are trying to reclaim as much of their ancient homeland as possible.Now for some actual pnp knowledge for you...The Dales and Cormanthor at one time was all one big giant elf homeland after they wrested it away from the dragons who were slowly declining.After some centuries the humans arrived and wrested bits and pieces through the ages until there was nothing left and after the fall of Myth Drannor the elven realm was lost except for a few pockets here and there.Now you have a logical and an rp reason why Wayrest was moved Smile

Ahhh and one last thing...I COMPLETELY canoned to FR.That's why the maps and such are almost exact to the actual pnp map layouts.To encroach upon my knowledge of the Realms...which I'll have you know I've been playing for 20 years since the orginal old grey box was first released is a very bold and unthoughtful remark on your behalf my friend.As my knowledge of the Realms is very, and I do not say very lightly...but VERY extensive. cheers
Back to top Go down
E

E

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:48 am

// Maybe split this non-RP related discussion out of the RP forums?
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:49 am

Ahem...BACK to being an RP thread I will say this: With the elves not happy with the humans and others, they decided to relocate their village in the forest. If elves see you in the forest, they may ask you to leave. So I would tread carefully.

As E said, move your OOC questions to the questions section please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....   To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To All Non-Elves Approaching Wayrest....
Page 1 of 1