Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Treachery of friends!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Treachery of friends! Empty
PostSubject: Treachery of friends!   Treachery of friends! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:47 pm

The dwarven woman strode purposefully from the cave where the hobgoblin and gnoll tribes make their lair. Many dead beasts lay about, their life-blood staining the forest floor. She grips her weapon tight and stomps along , her steel boots crunching and breaking branches and twigs.
“Halt Servant of Moradin.” The elven mage demands as he steps from behind a tree, two others move to flank the dwarf. “What brings you to our forest?”
The woman gestures back along her trail.
“I bring death to my enemy.” Her voice thick with a dwarven accent, “And those of your people as well”
The elves look from one to the other confusedly for a moment, then back to the dwarf. What dwarf would have enemy here?
“My thanks to you, stone child. But I must warn you that you will not be welcomed in Wayrest. You best turn back to the west. Make for the Human town of Dagger Falls”
She look towards the road ahead, then to the elven mage and nods. Stepping to move past the elves she grips her mace tight.
The two flanking the mage move to go back to their posts.

“I shall go there soon enough. As soon as I slay my enemy!” With that she pivots, bringing her mace to bear in a powerful cross arm swing to the mage's stomach, doubling him over. His companions turn, startled at the grunt of pain, in time to see the powerful dwarf, madness in her eyes, bring her mace down on the back of the mage's skull with a sickening crack.
“What are…” They reach for their weapons. They must stop…
“Do not move!” She intones, holding her mace. The symbol of Moradin gleaming in the sunlight.
The elves feel their muscles stiffen, binding them in place. They try to cry out to other guards that may be nearby, but their mouths stay locked in position, even their tongues cannot move. They can hardly breath.
Stomping forward, the dwarf grips her mace tight. “I shall go to Dagger Falls, after I am done here!”
Their eyes wide with terror, the two tried moving, straining against the magic holding them even as the first blow fell.

The approaching elves made no sound as they approached. Where are the ones they meant to relieve? They found the tracks left from a dwarfs steel shod boots, he will be close by. Good, hopefully he will have seen their friends, and maybe even be willing to strike at the gnolls in the forest.
Laying next to a stream they found the broken and bloodied bodies of the missing elf patrol. Goblins? Gnolls? Two scan the area for any signs while the third kneels to examine them. There! One elf spots movement he draws his bow back silently as he focuses on the figure that emerged from behind a tree. A dwarf! He relaxes his grip and then waves to the woman, he must warn her.
The elf kneeling examines his friends, their blood drying on the leaves. “We must rid the woods of those cursed hobgoblins!” No, This was done by a blunt weapon, and there next to the corpses a heel print that matches the trail made by the dwarf. “No, The dwarf, kill it!”
The bowman draws back again.
The dwarf turns and flees into the undergrowth, a stand of alders blocking his view! “Cursed grey beards!”
The patrol rushes to where the dwarf had just been. They look about, moving to cut the wretched creature off, the trail easy to follow. One moves to each side of the alder stand, the other moving along the trail, then calls out. The two come running. There next to a tree, dropped in haste, the vile mace fresh with the blood of their friends! The symbol of the dwarven god dull and stained red.
The patrol follows the trail, but it becomes increasingly difficult, then soon disappears altogether! Their foe has made good her escape!

A horn blows bringing many elves to the darkening forest. Next to the stream they gather looking about for clues, anything to help them discover what has happened. The bodies of the slain now cold and stiffening, their life-blood now darkened to black on the ground. Look as they would, there was only one thing that was clear. Their kin was slain by treachery, by someone they thought to be a friend. The elves were slain at the hands of a dwarf!

**this event was during the time right when the elves were closing the borders of Wayrest and had not started keeping people from the forest altogether**
Back to top Go down

Treachery of friends!
Page 1 of 1