Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Update Bugs...

Go down 
+8
E
Tearing the Weave
Ayana
Q-2
Blue-Wizard
sack blabbith
CredibleThreat
FederOnline
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FederOnline

FederOnline

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:46 pm

I figure this is the first of many....

Store Cleanup Scripts are cleaning EVERYTHING out of the stores.
Doh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 am

Basil Forphith, in Teshwave, buys nothing, the script kicks out on the reply "That's why I'm here."

Hazzlebad has -no- inventory, though that might be the Cleanup.

The deeper passage in Brokenbone goblin cave is unlinked; should be linked or blocked.

No xp for traps or locks, intentionally removed, or no? I rather liked those minimal xp rewards, rogues have it tough enough, though the new areas should increase the value of 'scouts.' =)
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:58 am

CredibleThreat wrote:

No xp for traps or locks, intentionally removed, or no? I rather liked those minimal xp rewards, rogues have it tough enough, though the new areas should increase the value of 'scouts.' =)

Yes... I agree.
Back to top Go down
Blue-Wizard

Blue-Wizard

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 am

This isn't really a bug, but next to the door in the passage to Wayrest there is an elven token sitting on the ground that anyone could pick up.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Blue-Wizard wrote:
This isn't really a bug, but next to the door in the passage to Wayrest there is an elven token sitting on the ground that anyone could pick up.

Ooops....Peri musta dropped it... *grins*
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:42 pm

CredibleThreat wrote:

Just the new treasure, with the not custom traps and locks that has that, all old areas still function normally with traps and locks XP.
Back to top Go down
Ayana

Ayana

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:39 pm

I have not talked to galagos with a new character now, only with ayana, to which he does not introduce wayrest, but i am betting he still explains about how it is in cormanthor. I may be wrong though ;D
Back to top Go down
Ayana

Ayana

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:02 pm

In dagger hills, the old zone transition still remains, yet goes nowhere
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:08 am

Quick note...On the test server or the one actually running Ayana? As far as the old tranny is concerned.And we can change the convo for Wayrests locale.I honestly haven't ever played an elf so I don't know what that convo is.As far as the token goes wizard that was for testing purposes ..lol I forgot I set it there.And to Credible ...I can block it.The transition isn't there yet as I was just adding something new for the mid lvl pc's and in the rush and excitement of getting it up have not finished the whole of the crawl.That door isn't a door anyways it's just going to lead str8 down and that's why I didn't bother blocking it off.
Back to top Go down
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:44 am

So far, there's a lot of caves with no transitions, perhaps some of those could be blocked for aesthetic purposes, to be unblocked as areas are added, or changed later if that is to be left so. Secondly, some of the waypoints for spawns close to the road might ought to be looked at. My opinion, and this is only that, is that the roads should be fairly safe; barring of course being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the more challenging spawns should be found as one leaves the relative safety of the roads. Upon the Black Road, the way the bears spawn, I think, is problematic, and further down the Black Road, as one leaves the road, crosses the bridge toward another impassable cavern, the giants spawn both in front of you, and behind you, the ones behind spawning back on the road, a party travelling with a scout, it seems, would be in for quite the surprise if the non-stealthed ones remained on the road as the scout moved ahead.

As I've already posted some issues, and likely will post more, I'd like to take the opportunity to applaud the visual appeal of the new areas, and the intricate layout, particularly the nice lighting effects used in many areas. I'm not certain if the unblocked caves affect everyone the same way they do me, but as I said, for aesthetics, perhaps doing something to lessen their impact, for newcomers, in particular, I think it will give a less than favorable impression.

The loot spawning, for the most part, seems balanced, but the loot bag, in the first section of the Black Road, past the two accumulations of skeletal undead, in a collapsed tower, seems to give way too much for its closeness and ease in reaching. Perhaps I was just extremely lucky on two occasions, but I am loathe to think so, in comparison to my normal luck, but on one occasion, I did obtain not only a +2 morningstar and a sapphire in said loot bag, but an amulet of will +4.

Thanks for all the work and time.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 am

*nods* As for blocking the caves I didn't do that because with so much left to do and soo many unfinished areas I didn't want to use anymore memory than neccessary due to the fact that the server is having crash issues as is.As for the roads they were made dangerous per the admins request.He said travelling about was too safe.I will go and look at the Black Road spawn points now though.They shouldn't double spawn but we were having spawn issues before too.I'll check the loot bag while I am at it.As for the other finds previously reported..I am happy to say that after an hour and a half of sleep I got up and took care of them.

*Wayrest convos changed to reflect the camps move to the Border Forest.

*Elven and Oakbluff Tokens removed after I forgot to do so after testing.

*Blocked the door in the Brokenbone cave.

Okay...

*Removed one of the spawn points so the giants do not spawn in front and in back of you.For some odd reson it was firing in reverse.

*Adjusted the loot spawn on the bag.

*Moved the bears spawn point a bit further back from the road....I hope it was the right one lol.

As for the blockading of the caves I don't know.Like I said with soo many unfinished caves it would require alot of placeables that serve a not so important purpose imo but everyone is different.That's why they may bother you Cred by not being blocked a helluva lot more then it would me lol...but if the admin. thinks it a wise choice I'd be more than happy to oblige.Thanks for taking the time to run around and check things out so we can fix them.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I'll look into Basil tonight.

I do not know ANY of the locks/traps that don't give XP, so I'll toss that back to Weaver. I guess the easiest place to look for an example would be kobolds.
Back to top Go down
E

E

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 pm

I've been getting XP for locks...
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:13 am

The Widow Harlow doesn't seem to have a home in the Falls.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:16 am

whodatis? wrote:
The Widow Harlow doesn't seem to have a home in the Falls.

Yup I just logged in and seen I forgot to put that last frickin' door in.I kept having a nagging suspicion I was forgetting something.Also some of the guards are not using their torches.I DO NOT know why.I tried replacing them and sometimes they work and sometimes not. *sighs* Now for the bad news.My cpu's ethernet connection stopped working last night so now I have no computer to work with.Might wanna get Feddy to fill in the blanks for me until I can get up and running again.Sorry for the snafu.I am using the wifes comp right now but she doesn't have any versions of the mod on her pc and the cd drive on mine is broke so I can't even burn a disc to transfer it over.So Kurt if you could help bro it would be much appreciated...
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 am

I need to know where the Widow goes. *grins*

I can fix it today, so send me an IM and we can chat...I'll be invisible most of the day.
Back to top Go down
Ayana

Ayana

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:20 pm

in cave with the goblins brokenbone clan, something like that, there is a transition that does not work, you come from it outside, but you cannot go back out, also, outside the cave on the westmost part of the area, there is a transition leading to some forest, that actually goes nowhere.

Blue-wiz mentioned to me that even though wayrest is back in cormanthor the transition in border forest still works, i dont know if he has reported that or if it already has been fixed

I talked a bit with Q about it, he said I should post such things here

thanks
peace
later ;D
Back to top Go down
Ayana

Ayana

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:27 am

also, on the northern baldlands near the barbarians, a transition to some forest does not work.
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 am

I suppose this would go here. I dont know if anyone else has reported it. It seems rather... noticable. In Teshwave the General Store, i can bring up the conversation and Say "why yes i'd like to see your wares" and then... nothing. I dont get to trade with the clerk. Is it just me? or a bug?
Back to top Go down
Cerridwyn

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:22 am

I've had the same problem in the teshwave store.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:41 pm

The build staff is working out a way to get all the work done on the same version and get it to me. It's in the works. Until then, try the street vendor outside the shop.
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:05 pm

I have been, the shop hasnt been a huge problem. i Just didnt know if the team was aware of it. so i thought id let you all know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:13 pm

Ayana wrote:
also, on the northern baldlands near the barbarians, a transition to some forest does not work.

That's because I forgot to disable it.It used to lead to the shadow druids but they were moved.Asn for the other tranny's you mentioned.Some are bookmarks for me.I created them with adding more to them in mind.Just didn't have enough time to build the WHOLE module at once.As for the shops in Teshwave? I have no idea.Like the bugbear area I didn't touch anything there except the wall to add the other gate.Some things apparently act up on there own.
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:58 am

It will be looked into and probably solved as soon as I can bounce on the new script for it Smile
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Location : Operations center of a Random Lol Generator somewhere in texas

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:29 pm

as obvious as it is i havent noticed anybody report this yet so i will. all of the creatures in the new areas have generic deaths where bodies dissapear and leave a bag of loot. perhaps they should be updated to be like the others seing as that can really make the most sense and gives a more accurate portrail (ic) that people have been there to see the bodies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Update Bugs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Update Bugs...   New Update Bugs... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Update Bugs...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next