Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Respawn Rates

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 am

The respawn rates on the monsters are really quite problematic, I suppose they suit the dwarves with uber constitutions that chug potions like they're water, but when you deal with a spawn, decide that's as far as you should go given that you still have to get back out, and turn around and the spawn you just dealt with re-emerges.... *Sighs* Such really makes no IC sense, and additionally discourages any sort of cleverness, instead only encouraging the hack and slash. I quite understand that the module is designed for parties, and really think I'm using judgements that take that into consideration, but when the server population is low, and you wait around, futilely, for someone to travel with, then decide to take on something of lower difficulty, then the absurdly swift respawning monsters make that a losing proposition..... I apologize if this seems like something of a rant, but its simply happened too often.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 pm

The spawn points and rates of the new areas are being fixed, CT. Where have you seen the issue because I know they've been looking at them. When I've tooled around, I haven't seen that particular issue yet. But then, I haven't hit your level yet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:56 pm

The one in particular that prompted that shameful rant was within the bugbear lair, an older section, so I found it surprising. I dealt with the spawns, including the conjurer just outside the ramp to the bottom level, in, what I thought was a rather timely manner, going after the toughest first, etc. As that encounter had exhausted spell supply a great deal, I decided it was prudent to turn back. (In addition to my slaad being dispelled. Sad ) At any rate, I turned back and was immediately greeted by the priest-grouping spawn. As it caught me quite off guard, I used invisibility in hopes of re-grouping and/or evading, which brings a second thing I've noticed. It seems like it takes at least two or three rounds for creatures to realize you're invisible, even if you get separation from them. Is this by design? Just wondering, because with the reduced duration of the spell, and if you have to spend the first few rounds of it running from stuff..... *Shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:35 pm

The invisibility thing is odd.... they still 'hear' you if your MS isn't up to scratch.... and they still move -towards you-. Best bet is running away, around a corner and use invisibility and get distance....

Oh and I do think it's odd you dispel a summon in NWN, thinking back to PnP only Banishment like spells should be able to do that right?
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:03 pm

The invis issue is an issue with NWN itself. The game has the monster target you and sometimes they "forget", for lack of a better word, that you've vanished. As far as dispelling a summon...I'll look into that on the books, though I'm not sure that it's something that can be undone as its likely hardcoded into bioware's nonsense.
Back to top Go down
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:55 pm

Ah, yeah, the invisibility is within the Bioware, but I've had it be one attack then nothing in my experience on others servers. Hence why I brought it up. Turned invis, then literally was followed around a corner and down a hallway before the bugbear, I guess.....stopped hearing me? *Shrugs* And the summon, well, it was a planar binding, so... *Shrugs* I can see a little better the logic behind that being dispelled, and yeah, I doubt there's anything you can do about that. My real concern was simply with the respawn rates. *Shrugs* Since there's less of a population at any given time, especially since we're dealing with what in computer games is now quite ancient......maybe those respawn rates were more appropriate for a higher population, so that people farming other players out of house and home wasn't an issue. Just a suggestion to look at the rate.
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Location : Operations center of a Random Lol Generator somewhere in texas

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:13 am

honestly i have wanted to say that for weeks but never looked forward to angering wodatis AGAIN :\
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:19 pm

CredibleThreat wrote:
The one in particular that prompted that shameful rant was within the bugbear lair, an older section, so I found it surprising. I dealt with the spawns, including the conjurer just outside the ramp to the bottom level, in, what I thought was a rather timely manner, going after the toughest first, etc. As that encounter had exhausted spell supply a great deal, I decided it was prudent to turn back. (In addition to my slaad being dispelled. Sad ) At any rate, I turned back and was immediately greeted by the priest-grouping spawn. As it caught me quite off guard, I used invisibility in hopes of re-grouping and/or evading, which brings a second thing I've noticed. It seems like it takes at least two or three rounds for creatures to realize you're invisible, even if you get separation from them. Is this by design? Just wondering, because with the reduced duration of the spell, and if you have to spend the first few rounds of it running from stuff..... *Shrugs*

I do not have ay idea why the older areas are having spawn difficulties as well.I NEVER even touched them at all.Still no comp so still nothing I can do to help.Apparently "the build staff" has it under control.Aight , I'll talk to ya'll later.Peace!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Respawn Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Respawn Rates   Respawn Rates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Respawn Rates
Page 1 of 1