Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crazy Spawn

Go down 
+3
whodatis?
Q-2
sack blabbith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:39 pm

I took my 6th level sorcerer on a little ole solo goblin hunt earlier today. Things were going well, until... lo and behold, a Forest Troll appears and starts running after him. I made it away by un-summoning my familiar and casting invisibility and fleeing!

I wonder if that Forest Troll in the goblin lands was a purposeful drop by a DM, or a random spawn. If it was some kind of randomly generated spawn, does that not seem a ~bit~ over the top for a solo 6th level character (albeit with a summoned familiar at his side) to confront? Especially in the goblin area.

Just curious?
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:47 pm

I indeed hope that Troll wasn't there due to a spawn, elsewise we should be taking care of that.

Thanks for letting us know.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Two things. One, remember that when the AI determines your CR, it thinks of you as a party of 4. So who knows...

The other is, depending on where your goblin hunt was, that troll may have either been brought there by someone else -or- its one of the random elements I had put in so that not all spawns would be so generic ala the annis or minotaur or ettin in the orc cave.

In either case, glad you made it out alive and did the right thing for the situation: RUN! lol!
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:15 am

Not to shoot down your gaming skillz... But my 6th lvl sorc. (dren) Has encountered the forest trolls in the gob territories before. but i had 2 spawn.. and i still killed them with little damage to myself. Just saying.*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:44 pm

zei-keil wrote:
Not to shoot down your gaming skillz... But my 6th lvl sorc. (dren) Has encountered the forest trolls in the gob territories before. but i had 2 spawn.. and i still killed them with little damage to myself. Just saying.*shrugs*

*Ignores this and "shrugs"*
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:22 pm

The troll was generated purposefully.The admin asked me too add tougher elements so everything is a bit more challenging and less predictable.I see alot of bitching about the spawns and I keep seeing the same answers from the staff.The server is built for a PARTY of 4 in mind....not soloing.Soloing is tough but again another routine answer fixes that as well...RUN!
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:13 pm

So wait... If the encounters are based off four PCs parties... Can we get that amount of XP for 4 party encounters like on PnP? I know there's gotta be a script that are for limiting XP when soloing but more when in party.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:22 pm

if you're in a party, you get different xp than if you kill it on your own. it's always been that way and still is.
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Tearing the Weave wrote:
I see alot of bitching about the spawns and I keep seeing the same answers from the staff.

I was not "bitching," merely asking a question in a polite and appropriate manner.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Even before the "updated" version? Okay... Must not be understanding this here... When you say 4 PC party, thinking about the standard CR XP reward and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Location : Operations center of a Random Lol Generator somewhere in texas

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 pm

one time i spawned shadows (with an S) on a solo level 5(?) figher, lol the str drain kept me from running and SPLAT...feel better Mr.Mage?
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:03 am

Alrigth guys, this is going horribly off topic. The question was answered, the matter is under inspection because you do raise a point of the times it's possible to go out with a party of four.

Though when you do, the server is considerably more fun and easy, believe me.

If you wish to answer to this post please do so by staying on the topic of spawns being too hard and explain to us in constructive feedback why you think so. Complaints without explanation are useless to anyone willing to help you.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crazy Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Spawn   Crazy Spawn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy Spawn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: Complaints aka The Whine and Cheese Room-
Jump to: