Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just wondering.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zei-keil

zei-keil

Just wondering. Empty
PostSubject: Just wondering.   Just wondering. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Would it be possible for others to be able to reset the server? I know the DM's have RL stuff and sleep and all that. But us insomniacs need something to do. Razz I know of 2 people that wouldnt of minded playing tonight. Smile And the server has been down for multiple hours. Just wondering if there is a way.

(sorry for all the annoying whining posts of late)
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Just wondering. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering.   Just wondering. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:24 am

I appologize for the server being down for so long. It was I who forgot to pay the ISP bill Shocked
As for the remote reset, I have no clue. I know it can be done, but there's security issues involved and I'm not feeling comfortable about that.

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
CalisCain

Just wondering. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering.   Just wondering. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 am

I..if you others have not guessed am one of the people zei-keil was referring to....I play late...and when i come home to find that snottling has gone to bed and the absense of all other DM's and the servers down.....sadness ensues...perhaps a reset script would be useful.
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Just wondering. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering.   Just wondering. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Its cool Snottling. It was in essence just an idea. I mean. I really enjoy this server. and i would like to do all that i can to help others enjoy it as much as i do. We all have out off days. And i'm sure the community will forgive you.Razz As for security issues. That is true. I could see that as well. THat would be all about trust and who you think would actually use the tool as intended instead of spamming resets when they're the only one on to get lootz. So again. It was just an idea, and if you would like anything to do with anything in the states. I'm sure me -and- CalisCain could do out best to accomadate you. After all, we usually check and post on the forums daily and between the two of us. Were online every night. And keep in contact regularly.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Just wondering. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering.   Just wondering. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:30 pm

It's more than someone just spamming a reset. When someone gets access to reset the server, they also get access to the computer running the server and anything personal that goes along with it. Regrettably, you guys will just have to be patient when the server crashes and trust that Snot will have it up as soon as he can. As when I had the server, it is checked whenever someone is conscious and home.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Just wondering. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering.   Just wondering. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Aww but I like the idea of poking through peoples stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just wondering. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering.   Just wondering. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wondering.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: Complaints aka The Whine and Cheese Room-
Jump to: