Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Module builders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rapid55

rapid55

Module builders Empty
PostSubject: Module builders   Module builders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:20 am

Anyone here build a module of his own? Wanna tell about it?

I myself have a forever-project, an RP module (designed as PW) that I'm working with alone. I don't have many areas in it yet (starting town + ~15 exterior areas), but I sure have spent a lot time making each. That's because I'm aiming for areas that look good. Things like placeables, ambient sounds, sounds overall, area lightings, design and music make the areas perfect.

I know the basics of scripting so I can do pretty much anything I need for the module. I have already made things like:
*inn room renting
*Emotes + dice rolls
*Custom xp system (Will propably need to be re-made because of some bugs)
*Area cleanup, NPC spawning onenter and destroying onexit
*PW quest system
*Container loot system
*XP loss on death
*+ some small scripts not worth mentioning

Then I have the creatures in a seperate module where I can test them perfectly before moving them to the main module. I've made some of the low lvl monsters already.

I've been building modules for years but I've never finished one. Servers like battledale (not running anymore), daggerdale and maybe even arelith have inspired me in building.

If you have a module of your own feel free to mention about it here. Maybe I could even help with some little problems you have in them? Can't promise anything though.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Module builders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Module builders   Module builders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:15 am

Lol...I've had a Battledale module I have been working on for years as well.Since I cannot script for the life of me it's just a conglomeration of areas hehe.Alas I redesigned the module you now play Smile
Back to top Go down
rapid55

rapid55

Module builders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Module builders   Module builders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Cool. Razz

I liked BDI more than BDII.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Module builders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Module builders   Module builders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Module builders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: