Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help us please!

Go down 
+5
whodatis?
Snottling
Death And Reaper
rapid55
zei-keil
9 posters
AuthorMessage
zei-keil

zei-keil

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Were having problems, connecting 2 laptops, to 1 router, at the same time to play on DD, but now I zie-keil have Roslyn Wyndale in my player list but i cannot select her or i get booted, i can log on as Silvan. But then Lovarke cannot cannot find the server on his laptop.... Help up please... Sad: (
Back to top Go down
rapid55

rapid55

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 am

It's always been like that in DD. The characters are somehow saved to the CD-key, so that you can't log in with your character on another cd-key.

I'd like this to be changed like it's on any other server myself too, since I sometimes use my brother's computer, where I could play longer times at a time.
Back to top Go down
rapid55

rapid55

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:45 am

Oh, and I don't think this one's a scripted thing... Rather think it's changeable form nwnplayer.ini file, might be this line:
CD Banned Behavior=0
that's propably set to '1' in the hoster's nwnplayer.ini file
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:54 am

...Wat? If it's 2 copies of NWN that issue isn't valid. It could just be that both are trying to connect through the same spot, which would mess up NWN a bit. (I had that problem when my brother and I first started playing.)
Back to top Go down
rapid55

rapid55

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:18 am

Death And Reaper wrote:
...Wat? If it's 2 copies of NWN that issue isn't valid. It could just be that both are trying to connect through the same spot, which would mess up NWN a bit. (I had that problem when my brother and I first started playing.)
Um, no - if you make a character on cdkey1, then change your cd-key to cdkey2, you can't log in with the char you made on cdkey1.
Some may be confused of this but that's how it is in DD. Don't know the reason though.

I would be ever so glad if this was changed. I might even get the chance to join some DM quests since this'd allow me to play at nights!

(I must be mixing stuff, though. Very Happy when I read the starting post again it seems like a diffrend problem)
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:26 am

rapid55 wrote:
that's propably set to '1' in the hoster's nwnplayer.ini file

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 pm

rapid55 wrote:

(I must be mixing stuff, though. Very Happy when I read the starting post again it seems like a diffrend problem)
I was talking about the original issue. No server is default set to log CD keys in any form, in their full entirety, and I think it's hard-coded to never do that. (Bioware's way of saving people's CD keys from theft.)
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:50 pm

So, were lost. I cant figure out how to solve this. Maybe its my bandwidth cant take it?
Back to top Go down
rapid55

rapid55

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 pm

And now I have Roslyn and Silvan on my 'Deonith' account. O.O

The server needs a wipe. >.<
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:34 pm

I have Roz in my account. Roz has me in her account. we cannot play at the same time without having another "clone" of roz, and sometime sil around. I did a DHCP release and renew that seemed to fix the major part, and we can now both be on and playing at the same time. Could Snottling possibly, ya know, fix the other problem?
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Since it's only Roslyn and Silvan that leave clones, I'm thinking the problem is on your end, somehow.
So, I -can- replace your accounts with a copy that's a couple of days old. *shrugs* That's the only thing I can think of.

-Snottling

Last edited by Snottling on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:48 pm

I have now replaced the two accounts with copies that are three days old, just to check if the problem is in the servervault.

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 4:59 am

Just so you know, Snot, this has happened before. The issue is on their end and shouldn't be the vault.
Back to top Go down
Blue-Wizard

Blue-Wizard

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:54 pm

I have Roslyn and Silvan in my vault, if this information is at all helpful.
Back to top Go down
operationblade
DM
DM
operationblade

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 pm

i do too -.-
Back to top Go down
rapid55

rapid55

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:16 am

I have roslyn.
Back to top Go down
Purgatori_Leader69

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 am

I have Sil and roslyn in my vault as well
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:21 am

I have deleted said PC's from your vaults. Smile

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
fervent

fervent

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 am

Hey, guys! a lot of cognitive information for me too! Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help us please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help us please!   Help us please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help us please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: