Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yeah...

Go down 
+5
sack blabbith
whodatis?
Cerridwyn
Bear_Den
Death And Reaper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:14 pm

I apologize for the outburst, but I'm going on hiatus until I feel a little better. Being insulted for playing my character right and trying to be polite about it is pissing me off too much, and I should be playing for the fun, not to be fucked with. See you sometime, hopefully soon. (Let everyone who was there and doesn't check the forums know, would somebody?)
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:42 pm

It was unfortunate you felt you were being insulted for playing your character the way you felt it should be played. It is a game and meant to be fun for all. No one should be harassed or criticized for the character they play.

Were other players sending you “Tells” telling you how you should play your character? Was it all in character? Are you sure it was meant to be insulting to you as a player, or was everyone playing their character the way they thought their character would act?

About all the in character banter I saw, I thought everyone was playing their characters the way they have always played no matter who they partied with. For them to play their character differently because the druid wants everyone to like or respect nature, well that is not right.

If you felt the other characters in the party had little respect for Val or his love for the animals then perhaps Val should seek company with someone else. There are other characters on the server that would share, or at least respect, Val's care for nature.

Nothing that Wren said or did was meant personally towards another player.

I do not think any of the in character talk was meant to be insulting to you as a player.
Back to top Go down
Cerridwyn

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:38 pm

I agree with Bear. After you, you and I have always been good. But Roslyn doesn't respect nature AT ALL, anymore, since she feels betrayed by Lyam. And you basically threatening her that he'd get mad...well he's just an elf to her. It was all in rp man. I just wanted you to know I meant nothing personally.

-Lovarke
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:05 pm

It's insulting because Val cannot do anything about it. He's not strong enough to fight back, and he cannot keep quiet about it due to his nature. Therefore, I can't exactly tone down his comments, and no one else does the same for that exact reason- it's kinda stressful to toe that line of asking politely for them to stop, without annoying someone enough to kill him, mainly since I know for a fact that even trying would get him killed. And I really don't want to start another occasion like Quel, with my character being killed just for being who they are.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:11 pm

I understand your frustration, but I would say stay true to the character and let the chips fall where they may. I once played a priest of Loviatar that walked around with a woman on a leash. Needless to say, he was not that popular. When I was level 3, I was killed 4 times by people ranging in level from 7 to 18. I never wavered tho. And thanks to the no griefing policy in effect then and now, it was a one time occurrence. Though I did fight those people later on. Often. Hm...I digress. It's just one of those things. But I promise you that sticking to your guns will gain your character more respect from both other characters and players.
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:00 pm

I'll try, but I think, if it continues on a stretch like this (While whole parties getting after him about being a druid) that I'll have to take far more breaks. It's stressful as a player to deal with that, just as much as it is for my character.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:15 pm

Just find a nice long tree trunk point to it and say this: Why don't you take this here tree that you couldn't live without and yet seem to have such an issue with...take the tree, shine it up real nice like your metal armor or weapon, turn sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your monkey arse! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:10 am

Your "outburst" (which really wasn't that bad... I have witnessed worse) followed a couple comments made by Jimmie. The original one had nothing to do with Val, and was meant to be just another one of Jimmie's (My) "we're traveling on an adventure and I am going to break the monotony with lame (read: funny to me) comments and jokes." It was soon after Val had the confrontation with Roz and Zorak and I think you may have misconstrued it as a personal jab at you and your character and it was not meant to be. I suppose that I should have thought it through before making the comment (it was a question Jimmie asked as to whether or not giants eat bears, or just keep them as pets) considering Val's (and your own) frustration. I apologize if it did piss you off, as I meant nothing by it. You play Val true to form, and I think you should take the above comments to heart, as the advice seems sound.

Hope you continue to play, D&R, as you are fun to play with and a good RPer.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Yes, I have seen worse as well.

I did not mean my earlier post to be adversarial. If it seemed that way, my appologies.

Though, I do not see where Val could do nothing. Sure, most of the other characters there could have cared less how the druid felt. At the time, until you logged off in frustration, I thought it was all good rp fun.

I think Val had plenty of options, He could have (in rp) lifted the snotnosed hin off his/her feet and threatened to feed "him" to the bears. He could have told the ones disrespecting nature that they will regret their carelessness. He could have simply walked away.

I know that him leaving the party and walking away (at the point where we were) would likely cause his death, but that is all part of the game.

From the start of the adventure was there no clue that he was traveling with folk that probably would not share his love of nature? Is this the first time he adventured with any of them?

My earlier suggestion stands. If he finds certain characters offensive, then don't party with them. You will enjoy the game much more and find it easier to achieve your goals for 'Val'.

Every time I have seen you on playing Val you do a wonderful job playing him 'true to character' and I hope to see him on again soon.
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Bear_Den wrote:
He could have (in rp) lifted the snotnosed hin off his/her feet and threatened to feed "him" to the bears.

"Snotnosed?!!" I beg your pardon.... well... perhaps you are correct. Wink

Anywho.... Val should just keep on keepin on being Val. We should RP his concerns next time ole Jimmie and Val meet in town.
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Bear_Den wrote:

I think Val had plenty of options, He could have (in rp) lifted the snotnosed hin off his/her feet and threatened to feed "him" to the bears. He could have told the ones disrespecting nature that they will regret their carelessness. He could have simply walked away.
Threats don't work with a lot of people, especially those that can't back them up. (There are no bears on the server strong enough to stand up to a character of equal level.) That's why no one takes any threats like that seriously- they can kill the animals for fun.

Either way, I'm done being on break for now, until I'm forced back into vacation. I'll try and take some of the suggestions to heart.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:03 pm

It would have been fun to see Val threaten Jimmie, or Roslyn! Wren would have egged him on, even offered her help. (with a blade in their backs)

It is true, most of the bears there would not pose much of a threat to most of the characters there. But can you imagine when Val can shape change into an elder earth elemental? Who will threaten nature then!?!
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Bear_Den wrote:
But can you imagine when Val can shape change into an elder earth elemental?

That's druid shapeshifting. He'll end up with Epic Gargoyle and Undead shape. (I'm thinking a wight is scarier than shit.)
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:31 am

Wait wait wait... how did this get to be a focus upon Jimmie? He never killed Val's animals, nor did he taunt Val during the argument. He made a comment that, now in retrospect D&R overreacted to and played poorly, but he was in no way involved in any griefing, problem starting, "bear killing" or intimidation.

Jimmie was a bystander....
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:40 am

sack blabbith wrote:
He made a comment that, now in retrospect D&R overreacted to and played poorly,

Wow. I never said anything about him, but that sentence made me feel like shit. Sad
Back to top Go down
operationblade
DM
DM
operationblade

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:36 am

tbh im gonna say it how it was becuase from what im reading ALOT is appologizing towards death when infact, he was the cause of the outbursts and informal RP. to those who where actually there and those who wernt here is roughly how it all went about, im not moaning i just cant stand somone getting "sympathy" without good reason.

It all startered when we were on are travels towards the frostgiants, there was a pretty decent size group for a change and it was good too see as its not something that happens too offten. I believe it began right from the start, as we were travelign through the woods, Val asked the group to wait and be patient while he moves some bears further up, the way it was asked seem to be very snotty towards my character so he simply ignored him. RP wise my guys not gonna go, oh good o please move the bears for us. Him and roslyn simply walked on and past the bears, we didnt attack them we just walked by, the last bear of the back did infact attack roslyn and she killed it, only to have a further snotty coment shoved at us. Now i took this as his characters RP i neevr RPed with Val before so i simply assumed this is how he is RPed. But in all due respect if Roslyn gets attacked by a bear she isnt gonna just go, the bears attacking me and let it carry on, shes gonna kill it and they same would be with Zorak. It was the PMs asking to "tone down" my character, becuase death did not want it to come to pvp and that he didnt want him to get killed times over like his old char "Quell" did on the old DD that seemed to start to annoy me but, My simple reply as i saw death as a pretty cool guy and a friend was. Dude its my RP he doesnt care about bears or stuff like that, if they attack he is going to kill them, im not going to change my RP. I also suggested that if his character did not want to come to PVP than you should simply RP that, as in just ignore the comment with a pinch of salt.

All seemed to be going pretty well we managed to get through the tunnel with a little difficulty but all seemed pretty good. party was doing well and all seemd to be getting on IC and OOC. As we exited to a spot to rest Death asked us all ooc ofcourse why he couldnt control the winter wolves, within a few seconds later there was a comment saying something like "oh wait.. no one cares" that wasnt how it was correctly worderd but was along those lines. Infact while that was said i was going to suggest myself i was halfway through replying, so i simply chose to say nothing than and carry on.

After all resting IC we carried on through the cave, are next lot of spawns was a pack of winters wolves that attacked us all, all were slaughtered and one was attacking bree and she was backing off. Zorak quickly ran at the wolf to take it off her and slay her, helping out his friend and party member. Straight after that i was PMed from Death saying am i stupid that i cant read the dialog box and see what hes doing. Now in all due respect i dotn have eyes that focus on every little detail happening in split seconds. And the comment really ticked me off and i told him too stop PMing me and telling me how he wants me to play my character. if it had been said more friendly what he was trying to achieve than i would of understanded and taken in consideration. The fact was a wolf was attacking bree and zorak helped her, i don not see any RP reason why he wouldnt do that. But the PMs didnt stop and the only way that seemed to stop it was by saying in party chat what was going on, but eveon first attempt it didnt stop. I than told him griefing in PMs like this was against the rules, with a reply to that i just ignored his firther PM.

We carried on and just got on with what was ment to be a fun adventure and Death continued to RP his character and as did the others. Roslyn who is known for not trusting other races to well talked to zorak about how she doesnt trust them and how it was all typical about how elves are snotty and loving for all animals. Zorak than talked about his home and traditions that men hunt animals for food ect, a joke was made by jimmie about giants eating bears and it seemed to spark death OOC too tell us how he felt and he left.

Getting upset becuase how someone RPs too me and leaving does NOT deserve any kind of sympathy, Death ive known you since the old DD with others, we use to travel with together alot and i never expected this from you myself. but i will NOT change the way i RP my character to it makes you or your character happy and avoid conflict in your favor.

As whodatis says about his char being killed, that is just the way RP goes, there will be conflicts everywhere, dont care about there levels thats not RP you must stand up too what you believe in and do what you character would. If you feel your character can not back his mouth to actions than perhaps you should consider a different approach. Randen a number of times had the same situation with you but was only for bears. He would not slay bears an got pissed off when they did. At the same time he told the people not too attack the bears and if they where slayed i simply RPed helping the animals if i could within the RP so that they didnt die, or if they did i blessed them.

The problem which i "did" explain to you is, he is a member of the uthgar barbarians and the red tiger tribe, they dont believe in politics and reason, if something needs to be settled it is always in conflict.

I dont want to whine im not doing that, personally i saw your outburst as pretty childish. If you cant accept not everything will go in your favor and how people RP there characters than whats the point in RP at all. and FYI i had 2 other peopel within that party express simmilar views. I dont apprieceate anyone telling me to change my RP to suit them in favor, if there asking for conflict, than that is something you must face.

Well just my 2 cents i dont want to see someone getting sympathy where its not deserved, im not usualy one for stuff like this but you know, its the way it goes this time.
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:50 pm

operationblade wrote:

I dont want to whine im not doing that, personally i saw your outburst as pretty childish. If you cant accept not everything will go in your favor and how people RP there characters than whats the point in RP at all. and FYI i had 2 other peopel within that party express simmilar views. I dont apprieceate anyone telling me to change my RP to suit them in favor, if there asking for conflict, than that is something you must face.

Well just my 2 cents i dont want to see someone getting sympathy where its not deserved, im not usualy one for stuff like this but you know, its the way it goes this time.

Alright, I'll explain this in nice, simple terms.
1) I had been asking nicely for a reason. Some of the whole conflict stuff, you haven't had to deal with, like being ambushed by an army of characters, back in V1. When I see stuff like this, it tends to make me a bit edgy. I've explained that before, too. That is mostly the reason for any outburst that night, not any disregard for everyone else's RP or anything like that- the last sentence also disregarding another comment above.
2) Whining sounds about right on your part too, so I really don't want to hear any more about it.
3) RP your character how you want. I really don't care if he's growing daisies out his arse or yelling at mine, but some days a bit of duress can be shunted into the game. Deal with it without bitching back at me, would ya? PMs were meant to be nice and politely quiet, not ranting to bug everyone else.

Now, does the youngster need to use simpler words, or is that it, whereas we can get back in-game?
Back to top Go down
operationblade
DM
DM
operationblade

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:16 pm

1) I nor my character really cares what you have had to deal with in any game or RP situation. Im not going to pull out a small violin and think, oh geesh hes had hard time ill play my char different. If your edgy than deal with it yourself and learn to control yourself a bit more. Just becuase you had hard times before doesnt mean i should feel sorry for you.

2) yes im whining a bit now, people were giving you sympathy when you didnt need it, you where asking for in by even making this post anyways. You could of dealt with it yourself, i was not childish enough to bring this up to other DMs as i see it as against the rules RP wise. seems you wanted to make a scene of it all though.

Death And Reaper wrote:
I apologize for the outburst, but I'm going on hiatus until I feel a little better. Being insulted for playing my character right and trying to be polite about it is pissing me off too much, and I should be playing for the fun, not to be fucked with. See you sometime, hopefully soon. (Let everyone who was there and doesn't check the forums know, would somebody?)

this line makes me laugh, YOU where the one PMing me telling me IM playing my character wrong, i never once told you how to play your char, i gave 1 suggestion to how you could deal with the current situation, but that was some friendly advice at the time. And the next bit? "trying to be polite" you where far from polite, infact i dont think ive ever expierienced what happened that night from a person since ive been playing this game.

3) I dealed with it in the first PM back too you which explained everything you needed to know. It was simply put this is my charcters RP dude sorry. You should of actualy listened the first time instead of completely making an ass of yourself and griefing how you dont like this or that in PMs later on.

The end of your message really does show how immature you really can be and explains to me why you acted like you did. if your looking for someone to give you sympathy you wont find any here.

Im out of this post now, unless asked to reply further by a mod / DM.

Peace
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:46 pm

heh. i have known how you feel a few times.. i had a bounty on Xydens head. and now have abounty on Sil's... i cannot do anything.. fearing i'll get killed. and lose stuff. lol. but i keep on playing. hope you dont quit on me now dude..
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:52 pm

I'll say this one time: If you can't be civil and discuss things in a polite manner, I'll close the discussion and slap any offending parties down. Flaming and insulting is NOT permitted. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 pm

I apologize, Whodatis. My last reply was meant to end the specific argument, despite it not doing so. I'd rather just drop the subject, as even the original post was just something of an apology to those I might have offended. Obviously it was not taken that way by some, so I will not press the point further.
~D&R
Back to top Go down
Cerridwyn

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Ooohh... *grabs popcorn to see Whodatis spank some people and take away their birthdays.* Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Sorry, That was the "Wren" in me trying to pin trouble onto someone!
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:19 pm

I personally see no more construction coming from this thread. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Locked to prevent possible future flamage. Yes, I said flamage.... what of it? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeah...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daggerdale 2 :: Out of Character Forum :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: