Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair Empty
PostSubject: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:42 am

I am not sure if this is a bug, or was done by design. I went into Hill Giants lair and we doing well through the entrance, then getting to the first chamber spawned two hill giant Berserkers along with what I normally spawn. The Hill Giant Ju-JU seemed to have unlimited supply of Cure Critical potions. After much difficulty I went on to th next chamber. Thinking possibly a DM was putting in a little extra challenge, I went on to the next chamber. There to my joy I not only spawned 5 Hilly Berserkers, but 4 Ju-Ju-'s as well. Needless to say, I was soon respawning.
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:12 am

Whoa, I have seen a beserker or two extra while roaming around that area, but not that amount. Maybe something left of an earlier plot or other add?
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 1:32 pm

It happened again to him later. I took him there and watched. It was an insane spawn. All I can say is caution while out. If you get a spawn that you don't normally see, my advice would be to flee. You won't get your XP returned if you decide to try and fight the spawn. Sometimes, the hero has to regroup for another day. Thinking you're always going to win a battle or that it's unfair if you get/see a spawn you don't normally see is just wrong. I've already spoken to Bear Den and he agrees. He was just curious what brought it all on.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:53 pm

It was quite a surprise! I did manage to take out a few of the Berserkers before going dow. And... a dwarf run from a giant!?! Never! Smile

Thanks for taking the time this morning to look at it.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:43 pm

A dwarf run from -a- giant, maybe never...a dwarf run from a -horde- of giants...yeah, no issues there Wink
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

PostSubject: Re: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:56 am

Better cut your losses and run away so you can live to fight another day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair   Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Spawns in Hill Giants Lair
Page 1 of 1