Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screwed up spawns

Go down 
+5
CredibleThreat
FederOnline
A Person238
Venerate One
Cerridwyn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerridwyn

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am

So I was walking around the black road, saw a hill giant, killed it, and tried to run before the others saw me. FIVE MORE SPAWNED RIGHT BEHIND me on the bridge. Seriously, the way was clear, and then they just appeared. Can anyone fix it?
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Most of the spawns are like this I am finding. Perhaps a revision on the triggers? (They seem to be spawning when anyone enters the trigger from any direction in both instances...)
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Location : Operations center of a Random Lol Generator somewhere in texas

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:58 pm

fighting ogres i figured out part of the problem, the spawns are linked, when you trigger one it triggers others behind that were linked to it somehow, causing massive spawns
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:08 pm

And extra crashes eventualy.
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:25 pm

perhaps there is a script used among them to govern the spawns based on level/class that never had a specificly defined attatchment, try checking that
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:16 pm

A Person238 wrote:
perhaps there is a script used among them to govern the spawns based on level/class that never had a specificly defined attatchment, try checking that

Not that I know of...

I'll look at the Black Road to see if I can repeat the issue on the Test Server. Perhaps there is an issue with the Encounter Timers, but I haven't had a chance to look, and Josh has minimal PC at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
FederOnline

FederOnline

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Cerridwyn wrote:
So I was walking around the black road, saw a hill giant, killed it, and tried to run before the others saw me. FIVE MORE SPAWNED RIGHT BEHIND me on the bridge. Seriously, the way was clear, and then they just appeared. Can anyone fix it?

I walked up to the giants, beat on them for a bit, turned and ran back across the bridge, and those on the bridge had spawned and started walking about. I think the spawn-point relative to the encounter area might be a bit jacked up. I think you made it RIGHT to the edge of the encounter, turned and ran RIGHT into the spawn.

I'll add it to the list...
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 pm

The spawns in the Brokenbone goblin cavern seem to be the same, as well. When one clears out a spawn, then walks back over the triggerpoint, the spawn pops again right upon your back. I'd look at the reset times, because this last time I had that in mind and was moving inordinately fast, but to no avail.
Back to top Go down
Killing Ice

Killing Ice

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:20 am

The triggers are on timers.Most are generically set at 5 minutes. Some are higher. *sighs* I didn't do anything any different then the original builder did.I even checked his triggers for variables, attached scripts etc....and went off of that.The way it was set up before one trigger had multiple spawn points. So I tried that and it seems to not be working at all...or the spawns are doubling etc. *shrugs* No cpu until next week I am afraid so I can't really help.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 am

^^^That's moi.I didn't realize I was signed into my daughters account Smile
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 pm

mabye the spawns should be rebuild from scratch if nothing can be done about it, at least eliminating the possibility of something you didnt notice slipping through
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:34 am

A Person238 wrote:
mabye the spawns should be rebuild from scratch if nothing can be done about it, at least eliminating the possibility of something you didnt notice slipping through

That's a really nice thought. But, there are 200 areas (not including towns) with prolly an average of 6 spawns per area.

I don't think we have time to go through and rebuild all 1200 encounters.

Just my 0.02...
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:35 pm

uhhhh i never said anything! man i wish i had timestop or expiditious retreat right about now...RUN AWAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Go man go!
Back to top Go down
A Person238

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 pm

i think the whole thing is getting WORSE first few dozen times i went into the border forest - central there was a few gnolls, an elite and a hunter...this time 2 shamans 3 hunters 2 warriors 3 elites and at least 4 normal ones!?!?!?and that was for one level seven
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:48 pm

as i told you earlier, the spawns are more random and more deadly. they aren't going to change. the only issue i see is the timer of the spawns, which the build staff is looking at.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Or will be looking at soon, now that I'm back at the house....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Screwed up spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screwed up spawns   Screwed up spawns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screwed up spawns
Page 1 of 1