Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Farewell Dave

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
L3

Farewell Dave Empty
PostSubject: Farewell Dave   Farewell Dave I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Many of you probably already know of the recent passing of Dave Arneson, who with the late Gary Gygax, created the original pen and paper game that has inspired our hobby nearly in it's entirety.
I met Dave briefly at "The Source comics and Games" in Falcon Heights MN last year on DnD day. He was a funny guy, though it was clear his health was failing. He signed books and visited with fans for a while then spoke to the crowd about the early days of our hobby. he was great fun to listen to and it was easy to see that he must have been a pretty good teacher. It's a sad time for basement adventurers everywhere. The best we can do I think is offer our best wishes and condolences to his family at this difficult time, and hope they know his contributions continue to be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Farewell Dave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell Dave   Farewell Dave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Very well said.

The contributions he has made to all gamers lives through his work in Dungeons and Dragons games will always be a part of the gaming community.
Back to top Go down

Farewell Dave
Page 1 of 1