Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) Empty
PostSubject: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:41 pm

For several days, the elf is unseen- his tracks disappear, what little there are, and his scent changes as much as his shape.

One day that changes- a day when no one is at the Shield house, out for various purposes. On that day a guard might notice the elf wandering in while carrying a bag, after using a key. Nothing on the bottom floor is touched. However, every bedroom but the ones Jimmie and Ryan use seem to have the door opened- by magical or physical means. Nothing in any of them is touched, but a note has been left on the pillow of Scarlet's bed. Written is a flowing hand, it reads thus:
"Scarlet,
I do regret that you will not listen to my warnings. The drow are not a race to be messed with, despite how they may be 'cowardly darkies' to you. They will enter in a much quieter fashion than I have, with darker intent. They could poison the food, leave traps, and you would never see them. I doubt that you will ever find your shield, and you might even lose another ear or two in the process. However, I have tried- 'cowardly' though you may have called me. I still wish to help my friends, though, and so I will return home to try and find out what I may about this House that you wish to assault so dearly. I will not throw my friends away like leaves in the wind, as you seem to enjoy doing, for comments, warnings, and the like. The last bit of advice I'll impart is this- there is a bigger enemy than you shall ever face physically, right next to you. Perhaps closer than that, but it is only a guess. If this is the wrong seal, have someone let me know, somehow.

Valadiren"

Drawn under the text, but above the signature, is a small drawing of the House seal that Scarlet showed him a few days previously.

The elf is not seen leaving the residence.

((Alright. Last post, unless someone can reply to it sooner than tomorrow morning. Val used his shifter abilities to leave unseen, and he's returning home to the Cormanthor near the Elven Court, to ask those in the elven villages (Semberholme, Nauth, ect.) about the seal, to see if they can dig anything up about the house. He'd send a message back or return personally if he discovered anything very important.))
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

PostSubject: Re: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:36 pm

The elf has returned, though he is never seen except for possibly a glimpse here and there. He is solitary, his tracks disappearing and changing still. Once in a while an unusually striped cat can be seen wandering through the Falls, though it is often dismissed as other cats are.

((Bump for whoever is running the drow event, I'd appreciate it if I knew whether or not Val found anything out about the drow House. If he does, I'll add to this thread.))
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Mists is running the event although he is somewhat busy atm. Hopefully he might see this and give you some info although I'm not too sure that anything would be found. *shrug* Anyway, here's the link to the quest posting:

https://daggerdale2.forumakers.com/scheduled-quests-f5/the-retrieval-of-the-scarlet-shield-t534.htm
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Yeah Lov kinda messed up when he said the assassins left a House token.When I did the initial confrontation they TOOK the right ear from Scarlet and the other guy, can't think of his name atm because I only seen him a couple of times.They also TOOK the shield.As assassins they would NOT leave anything to give as evidence of their passing.I told Lov that his rp was wrong and that he wouldn't have any idea of who did that to him.You guys are jumping the gun a bit.Think about the scene, the crime and what might have been left behind.This is not going to be a hack and slash only event.You guys gotta use your brains a bit on this one ;p
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:55 pm

That would be my fault. I told Lov that they had a house insignia. I was told one of the assassins died and that Bri was right upstairs. Apologies if I over stepped there, Mists. I didn't know. That said, it wouldn't matter too much if they did have the insignia as I highly doubt anyone that wasn't a drow would have a clue that it was more than a magical cloak holder or whatnot. Also, anything infused with drow magic tends to disintegrate on the surface so....Anyway, again, my apologies to Mists and Lov for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

PostSubject: Re: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:09 pm

Keep in mind that I was reacting to what was said, since Val wasn't there when it happened. I guess I can disregard the specifics, though Val can still try to find out which Houses might be acting in the area. (That way he still has a reason to be gone, though he may not find anything, drow being secretive and all that.)
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah it's cool....I talked to him on the phone and told him what they would have found.The only thing that was left behind for physical evidence would have been the arrows left in the bodies of the two slain adventurers.How ya'll go about identifying them and what not is totally up to you guys.And one of the assassins did die but when the other one left he ported the body out with him and Bri and company never even woke up.Alas it's all hashed out now and I am planning to run the conclusion(s) to this after Blade completes his wintry saga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)   An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Abscence (Val's work, ATTN: DM, Scarlet Shield members)
Page 1 of 1