Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player Versus Player (PVP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Player Versus Player (PVP) Empty
PostSubject: Player Versus Player (PVP)   Player Versus Player (PVP) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Daggerdale is a FULL PVP server. Within reason. There must be real in character reasons for killing someone. Simply being a murderer or crazy is not enough. If you wish to play a murderer that kills for no sane reason, talk to a DM and we will be happy to assist you in playing that type of character.

An example of a valid IC reason would be if you are playing a Sharran and you happen to see that follower of Selune wandering around. Or if you are evil and do evil things in view of a paladin, you can expect to be smited. The fact of the matter is that people living in this type of world will not always get along and grievances often times are solved with deadly force.

The only warning one is REQUIRED to give before PVP is to click the 'hostile' button. This does not enable the person that is "hostiled" to know they are about to be attacked, or that the other person even dislikes them. Simply attacking someone or casting a harmful spell at someone is FORBIDDEN. Along the same lines, one may NOT buff prior to clicking hostile.

The winner of any said encounter is in no way required to raise to loser. That said, once a problem is resolved, it is over. The loser cannot "mystically' find out who killed them. Unless the victor opens their mouth and talks about it or there were witnesses, the matter is closed. Likewise, there is to be no griefing. The victor should also consider the matter closed and not kill the other character unless something further happens between them. There would be a wariness towards the victor on the part of the vanquished.

While this is a full PVP server, matters regarding rape/sexual violence towards another PC is a very sensitive matter and this should NOT occur without the other player's expressed consent and DM permission.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Player Versus Player (PVP)   Player Versus Player (PVP) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Daggerdale is a full pvp module for the majority of areas. Most shops and inns as well as a few other areas are No pvp zones that you can use as a "safe" haven if you need.

It is set this way for a couple reasons:
-This means that spellcasters must be mindful of where they toss those blasting spells.
-I believe that character interaction, including conflicts, is essential to roleplay.

That being said, the DMs will not tolerate excessive miscreant behavior. *ALL* player actions should have a valid roleplay reason for being taken. And also remember that other players have a right to react to your IC (in character) actions with their own IC responses.

If you are "griefing" or simply trying to be a disruption you will be asked to cease immediately and possibly banned.

Playing a Villian
=================

If you choose to play a villian type character such as mugger, highwayman or general disagreeable sort you are free to do so. However, you must still abide by the player vs player guidelines as stated.

Repeatedly or excessively preying on or targetting the same PC can be construed as "griefing" and may land you in trouble with the DM staff.

Also, be aware that other PCs can and may, individually or in a group, take actions to intervene or bring you to justice.

All matters pertaining to this should of course be played out "In Character".

Pickpocketing
=============

This can be a bit of a sticky subject. As such I will list a few guidelines that I hope will keep things under control and prevent misunderstandings or unfortunate incidents.

-A thief should limit his thefts for each character. Repeatedly stealing from the same PC can be considered "griefing". Also, it would be best if thieves tried to avoid stealing from PCs drastically lower level than themselves.

-If you do not successfully spot the theft, you did not actually notice it happening (regardless of the "item was lost" message). A successful spotting will name the culprit. If you do spot the theft, then you are free to take appropriate actions, but they should be In Character (this means that vengeful violence is not neccessarily what your PC would do).

-Thieves should attempt to roleplay the theft somewhat. Walking up to someone in a deserted area and taking something is likely not a good idea. Even if the theft was not spotted, a victim is likely to still suspect you as the culprit as you are the only person around. NPCs can be considered as others in this case.

=========================

In all cases, if things seem to be getting out of hand or are unresolveable for whatever reason by the players involved, contact a DM for moderation or a ruling.

Rule borrowed from the original Daggerdale site.
-credit dolynick-

In addition, you cannot pickpocket something large, such as a suit of armor or a large weapon. If you do, please either contact a DM or the player via a tell immediately to have it returned and something suitable replaced from it. If someone tells you that they stole your great axe and your character did not notice it at first, you are expected to a) not take any action against them for telling you and b) to exchange the item for something else, item or coin. Try and be fair. If someone is returning your +3 axe, give them something worthwhile for their effort and honesty.
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

PostSubject: Re: Player Versus Player (PVP)   Player Versus Player (PVP) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:29 am

Furthermore, please don't use said non PVP areas to run away from a fight that you started. It's different if you're running away from a fight you have no chance of winning that was started by someone else or a fight you did not seek. Please consider this a warning against such behavior, if it continues the non PVP areas will be removed.

For clarification, person A gets into an argument with person B. Person A then casts their most powerful spell at person B which seems to have no effect. Person A panics and runs for the hills, or the nearest inn (non PVP area) as it were... This sort of thing is frowned upon. Pick a fight, deal with the consequences, don't metagame and use the scripts set in place to 'cheat' your way out of them. I see no reason why the person that was just zapped wouldn't be pissed enough to chase said person inside and lop of their head or push their face through a table... you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Versus Player (PVP)   Player Versus Player (PVP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Versus Player (PVP)
Page 1 of 1