Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player Base

Go down 
+4
Bear_Den
Snottling
CalisCain
zei-keil
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zei-keil

zei-keil

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 am

This is in fact a complaint. The player base of this server is seemingly shrinking. And the forums are not being put to use at all. I mean. the forums are seemingly dead. and usually i only ever find the same people online. And rarely a DM usually only once or twice a week to i encounter a DM. We need to get the word out about DaggerDale. and Get the player base up. Do the DM's care if we start to advertise the server?

I would like to RP some stuff, and playing an evil character without a DM present is... well quite frankly not that fun. I never know waht i can get away with. so i just dont really do anything, but sit and talk to people. And ocassionally try to turn people to the dark side. Razz

Playing a ranger isnt much more fun either. RPing would be nice. But the whole. "Lets go hunt some vile creatures" or "I'll be exploring the hills" Gets kinda boring.

I was also wondering if the DM's had any spare time coming up. Or if the player base has any ideas for events, to inspire our lovely DM's, I mean im sure we can think of something. I would love to aid the DM's in thinking of something. and Im home most nights. So i can be part of events. Could we have an event idea topic? Where players can post the outline of an event or an event and others (including the DM's) can expand on it. and agree or disagree with it and its role in DaggerDale?

Just a few things i wanted to say. Thanks for reading. Smile
Back to top Go down
CalisCain

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:01 pm

I have to agree with him on this one. The player base is obviously shrinking and DM presence is at a minimum...I understand the DMs have lives other than DaggerDale but like zei-keil said, RPing anything with such a select few individuals and Minimal DM participation gets old and rather difficult.

A few events would not go unnoticed...i can bring a few people into the server but there needs to be some reason to be interested, there are quite a few servers that offer that same things . (small player base, minimal DM presence and little to no reason to play other than to see friends and do some minor RP)

I really enjoy the server but we ( the DaggerDale community) need to work on adding players and the DMs need to see what they can do about events.
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:03 pm

I totally agree with you. Player base seems to be shrinking. You, as players, are welcome to advertise Daggerdale in any way you see fit.
I try to be online as much as possible, but RL is, in the end, more important than a game. I have GreenMox as a stand-in DM and that's it.
With V1 going to Afghan, Q burried in work, whodatis and liquid shadow stepping down, and Zomb just vanishing, I am the only one running the show, and I just can't be on at all times. I would like a couple of US DM's, but getting them is harder than I imagined.

I used to do events, but now, I simply haven't had the time to sit down and let the imagination flow. Being the admin and builder takes a lot of extra time.
As an event topic, feel free to use the Schedules Events forum. I'd love to get input from players that can evolve into an event.

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:49 pm

I have played on Daggerdale both in this version, before and after Auchmellors rampage, and under Doly. In both versions I witnessed the fluctuation of player base and DM involvement. I know the DM staff do care otherwise there would not be a Daggerdale server now. All their hard work (even though it may not be seen) is invaluable and highly appreciated.

As far as what your evil character can get away with, I would play them as if they’re in a “real living world”. My Rogue does not go about stealing from every npc she meets, or murder guards in the middle of town because she knows that if there were any witnesses she will suffer dire consequences, if not from the authorities, then from more powerful underworld figures that have their own agendas.

Being a player, my time is very limited now because of school, work and projects I am working on in my spare time, but when I do play I try to bring in a character that will be compatible with other players already logged in and playing. Unfortunately that is not always possible. Realizing not every character would welcome other characters of varying races/classes, I try to find a valid rp reason to allow them to adventure together.
Back to top Go down
sack blabbith

sack blabbith

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 am

I left because the player base is so low and it was SO damned boring waiting for people to either log in or when they did they had to "have a smoke break" and it is WAY too difficult to solo.

DD is just not worth my time with the difficulty level and low amount of players.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:30 am

What is really putting me off at the moment, is I get on and theres two people, they aren't the group I used to roleplay with and I never know where they are (they never around the falls like I am ^^) I think quaility over quantity is great but theres just too few for some real fun. Mind you I check teh forums almost daily!
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 pm

If you log in and see others on, its perfectly acceptable to send them a tell asking when they're going to be in town and if they're up for some rp.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Never knew that o.0 I always thought that would be a, OH HE SUDDENLY GOES TO SOME PLACE? A BIT ODD YOU THINK? Kind of situation, I guess with a low playerbase and a search for roleplay thats justified ^^ Big help.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:20 pm

I can relate to what is being said. There has been many times where I was the only player on the server. When that happens, sure I do go out seeking adventure alone, many times meeting a horrible fate alone as well.

If you log in and do not recognize a character name it does not nessecarily mean it is a new player you have not gamed with before. I have seen player names that I recognize log in, then nearly immediatly log out again. I would encourage you to log in and spend a little time in or near town before venturing off alone, or logging out. The other players may be trying to get to town to meet up. Send them a [Tell] and ask them.

With my schedule I have limited playing times. Usually a few hours in the mornings(eastern tz) during the week, and on Friday nights.

Feel free to send me a [Tell] any time you see me on. I have several characters of varying levels that I would gladly play.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 pm

If you guys see SneeberFleeberheeven log on, send me a tell...it's spelled just like it sounds...

I have time, usually on weekends. I MAY be on Sunday, but I'm prolly out until then.

Kurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:20 pm

I should be on tomorrow morning for a few hours, then not back on until Friday night.

After that I will be out for about a week. Taking a trip for 25th anniversary.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Yes, I'm 'that' old!
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:24 pm

As for me, for now, I am wieghed down by damned uni work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Base Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Base   Player Base I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Base
Page 1 of 1