Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

As good as place as any

Go down 
+3
Venerate One
Telkar
Zombologist
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zombologist
DM
DM
Zombologist

As good as place as any Empty
PostSubject: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Didn't know where to post this, didn't think it warrented a post under anouncements*that would be a bit pretentious of me*, nor under quests as this isn't about an upcoming quest rather about the quests Im going to run. I've been on the server doing some low level interactions and small quests. Teeny, tiney quests if I'm being honest. I now feel confident enough in my abilities to start doing quests for groups of....*low drumroll* Two to four people! Exciting I know. My quests aren't real huge on hack and slash, if you want that, well there are enough areas to roam around in and you don't need a DM for that sort of interaction. Im not saying there is no combat, rather, RP. Thats right, RP your charcter out, if he or she wants to do something other then attack giant creature, try it. Also, there may be times a quest will be stopped becuase an NPC doesn't like the way your handling things. Just as you'll rp out your char, I'll rp out the NPC's that are involved. The quests will probably have more then one ending, not all of them end with phat lootz being handed out and a hearty handshake for a job well done. Im gearing up to run two different quests here shortly as soon as I can get all the details and charcters I need ironed out. Like I said before, I want these quests to help flesh out your charcters, give them some more depth and see how they evolve. Thats most of the fun of being a DM, seeing the players take thier charcters from concept to hero, or villian or what ever destination they end up at. All alignment shifts, xp etc will be handed out at the end, and if there are ever any questions feel free to send a tell and ask them. In conclusion*yes Im almost done* I hope you enjoy the upcoming rp, just remember to play your charcter out and dont' worry about the peripherals. Oh, last thing, if you do something stupid and you or your party die becuase of it..I probably won't be too broken up about it and feel like rezing you all. Though I do realize that sometimes the DM has to nudge the dice a bit to help the story out.

Hoping you enjoy your time on DD
Zombologist.
Back to top Go down
Telkar

Telkar

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:18 am

Sounds good Zomb. In light of quests fleshing out characters better, I especially like when the character is given a difficult choice, moral or otherwise fyi.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/matthiasinn
Zombologist
DM
DM
Zombologist

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:25 am

*laughs evily* Ask and you shall recieve
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:55 am

*reads*

*rereads*

*reads again*

...you're selling....what now?

:p

I agree, although I do like combining the epic with the small inner struggle type storylines. Its often hard to find the balance though. I havnt ran anything for ages because Ive been simply too busy (Getting ready to go the Afghanistan will do that to you :p ) But Ill hopefully run a campaign over xmas.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Looking forward to it Smile Even if it doesn't involve me lol
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Whewt! Once I get the basic run down of the locals background and history, I'll make a few suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Ganon

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:39 am

sounds neat, I like small quests and I dislike epic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:51 am

*hears something about epics* The epicz! Phat Lewt! *presses the need button and hearths then drops group after the rolls are done and realize this isn't WoW* Oh... Yeah... Epics sucks... Yeah... *sage nod all shifty eyed*
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 am

I have to disagree, Epic is awesome when it is done right with a good plot. Epic should be a long term thing rather than a one-off though. Obviously the problem with this is that its hard to get a regular campaign going in an online medium with people who have different timezones etc
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:34 am

Deh Epicz! My Gorehowl! Phat Lewt! Can sell this for 200 USD! Bubble Hearth! *then has a spasm/fish fits on the floor from flashbacks to the early days of playing WoW*
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Thats not epic, thats being a twat Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:58 am

Venerate One wrote:
Thats not epic, thats being a twat Twisted Evil

*Falls over laughing*
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 am

Heh. Trust me. Thats called "Loot Ninja" if ya wanna correct term.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:45 pm

lmao....degenerative diseases can be so dibilitating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As good as place as any   As good as place as any I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As good as place as any
Page 1 of 1