Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.

Go down 
+6
FederOnline
Q-2
Venerate One
Snottling
liquid shadow
Raland
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raland

Raland

Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. Empty
PostSubject: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:02 am

Recently got a new pc, two HD 4800s and vista home premium. Problem is. NWN (atleast online) keeps crashing. Crashes in a matter of seconds of getting into game freezing the pc. Other old games do the same. I disable crossfire cause as I have learned from experience it is buggy as hell with any game made more then a year or 2 ago. I set the files to run as administrater. I've tried running them in compatability modes. Given them all the permission and freedom I know how to give. Latest drivers for my vid cards, latest updates for Vista. Any one else got any solutions or fixes?
Back to top Go down
liquid shadow
Admin
Admin
liquid shadow

Location : from? why I was squeezed from my mothers loins, bloody and squalling, where are you from? =D

Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:43 am

Ah yes.... Vista. Vista and NWN do NOT mix. Think vinegar and water :S you have to revert back to an older version of windows to get nwn to work unfortunately. The same problem happened to some other people on a different server I used to play on. Nothing they did could get it to work, only after they'd reverted back to their older versions of windows did it work again. So I'm afraid those are the choices you're faced with; Revert back or your days of scampering around as Celdur are done Sad I could likely find the thread for the vista thing on those other forums, let me know if you want it. I didn't read a whole lot of it but you may be able to find something in there that'll help. Good luck Raland, we hope to see you again soon.
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:55 am

I'm running Vista, and I've had no troubles at all running NWN. One thing you could do is to turn off the UAC in the control panel under user accounts.
I hope that helps.

-Snottling
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:21 am

Ah thanks, the thing is if I revert back well... no more direct x10 and all my drivers are for my cards and their respected operating system so it could really wreak havik and make alot of adjustments on my part necesary.

Edit: Well atleast that lasted alittle while before it crashed, do you run any specific settings that might help for me to know? I want to get to the bottom of this if worst comes to worsed I remember seeing an operating system emulator somewhere that might be good lol
Back to top Go down
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:16 am

You dont need to revert back.

Right click the nwn shortcut and click 'run as admin'
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:18 am

You can run it in Admin mode, you can run it in compatability mode for WinXP.

You will also probably have to remove the movies from your startup by editing your nwn.ini file. More information about vista and nwn can be found on the official forums.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 am

Everything already is running as admin. I had set that in properties before turning off User Account Control, jumped from site to site, and yeah running it in win xp service pack 2, one of the main things I did at the start. Didn't work though =(
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:22 am

Is it startup problems? Or running problems? If it's startup problems and crashes as you skip through the intro movies, disabling them will solve it.

I have NWN on both my 64 bit and my 32 bit system, and no problems. Even have it running on my 32 bit lappy. All Vista, all the time. Yet there was only the problem with the intro movies, if I waited them out, it was fine too and it was only since 1.69.

Suggestion, check the official nwn.bioware.com forum for more information or use google and look for NWN 1.69 Vista crashes Smile
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:05 am

Q-2 wrote:
...or use google and look for NWN 1.69 Vista crashes Smile

Isn't that going to be like standing on the ground in the Redwood Forest looking for the tallest tree??

If your PC is a Dell or HP, they used to offer a FREE back-rev XP installation compatible with all your drivers. The issue going forward would be that XP is going to die in Jan 2010 because not enough businesses are switching to Vista...so M$ is going to "help" them with that decision by no longer supporting the still-working XP.

Frankly, this is why I moved every PC I have but two to Linux...I still have an XP to play on and my email server runs Win2K (until I can get IT on Linux).

If only the moved the game client to Linux...
Kurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:35 pm

It isn't a bad framerate problem or a start up problem, it runs the movies just fine. The main problem is from the point I launch the game to running it it has a limited time before it crashes my whole pc making me reboot. Say, If I spend to much time in the menu, crash. If i just manage to get into game I have a bout a few seconds of smooth play then crash. >.< Not a dell or HP btw =/
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 am

Do your DXDIAG and copy paste your system info here!!! DO IT NOW!! *with a german accent*

You'll get a cookie from V1/FoF
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:13 am

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/10/2008, 17:10:08
Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790FX-DS5
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 954MB used, 5085MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

Posted message is to big so this is what I could fit XD
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:13 am

If you want the rest of that technical stuff and driver info underneath i'd have to paste them in multiple posts.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Dang....nice PC, Bro....

Well...except for the Vista....lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:36 pm

Yeah new pc for my 18th ^^ rly not lieking vista though or the crashing with older games... or the having to tweak every little setting for compatability with any game made more then a year ago. XD
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 am

I have tried all the Vista fixes and nothing seems to work and i can't find any relevent ati problems which would be my second guess. It is running on one core, i have made certain its not running multiple. And while crashing and glitches seem to be a major problem for nwn none of them seem to be my kind of problem.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:49 pm

This is kind of my last hope so if anyone can help pleeeeaaaaase *desperation and whiny crackily voice*
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Snottling seems to think it may be an issue with your video card as he runs Vista with no issues. You may wish to PM him or something.
Back to top Go down
Preddy

Preddy

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 pm

if snotling has no problems, ask for a screenshot of his settings so ye can copy, maybe then it will work
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 am

Well he told me some things but I do not really think they help, from my understanding Service Packs were made to fix incompatability problems which is what he recommended uninstalling then again its worth a try so ill give it a shot. Also said to buy some nvidia cards but these ATI ones are pretty sweet best quality for price around atm so I do not see myself abandoning them and lets face it what they do run, they run beautifully.
Back to top Go down
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Try running, not from the shortcut, but from the hard drive, selecting the NWN main launch, and rt-clicking and running as administrator. Thats how, at the end of my hair-pulling, I got NWN to run. Still can't run in DM client w/o having to watch the bloody movies, though, I suppose I could edit those out.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:39 am

I found my problem.... turns out my 4870 are made by Sapphire who have a record of having their 4870s crash with older games... Thats my problem... Havn't found a fix but i hope it will lead me to one now that I know this.
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 6:07 am

Yes OMFG yes I found a specific up to date Sapphire driver that should fix the problem. downloading right now. This should be good whether it fixes the nwn or not atleast for other games
Back to top Go down
Raland

Raland

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Well that update did not work, that update and many others but well I found a bios fix... which does work now if someone would be kind enough to raise Celdur ^^
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:26 pm

After this length of time, you're likely looking at needing to respawn as you would need a resurrection spell at the least and that might not even work now. There is a time limit as to how long those spells will work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.   Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not sure if this is the right place but it ooc so everything should be fine i assume.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next