Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wayrest and 1500 Years...

Go down 
+5
Q-2
E
whodatis?
Tripp
Tearing the Weave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

Wayrest and 1500 Years... Empty
PostSubject: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:46 am

I found after looking through the convos where you gleaned your information from Tripp.The convos in Wayrest have been duly changed to reflect the move.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Duly changed? Huh. Okay. Hope it's along the lines as good as the Retreat because that would be the only way Wayrest would move to have their own piece of the pie/forest.

And I swear, somewhere in these 10GB of PDF D&D source I remember coming across a thing on Wayrest.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:23 pm

I looked and scoured.Only thing close to it is from Elder Scrolls where Wayrest is some kind of town or Kingdom with DaggerFall as a rival.And like I said...it has been changed to reflect the move.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Thought I gave the reason they moved...or did they cause the forest to be moved around them...
Back to top Go down
E

E

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Draukur sat down on a rock. So they moved the forest.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Okay. Case close. I concede.

*waves a makeshift white flag consist of a stick with a roll of TP at one in*

I take blame for my DACFing on the matter. Maybe it's my fear that there is gonna be lack of players playing elves now because they're looked down on IC. Leading to the lack of RP unless if you want to be beatin' to a pulp by an angery mobs of dwarves and other non-elven races because we can't let them help in curving the hobgoblin infestation. As for Averen, his typical rebel without a clue personality, he's up in arms against this ban.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:04 pm

https://daggerdale2.forumakers.com/setting-and-module-information-f3/about-daggerdale-t17.htm

Maybe you should read up on the dale. the area doesn't have a high elf or dwarf population. the pcs have gone a bit in that direction and that's fine. but don't complain about a lack of rp. the situation is making things as they should be. Elves, dwarves and humans do NOT get along as well as they do the way the PCs have been portraying them.
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:21 pm

*shrugs* I always liked the idea of Averen just being an elven mercenary and my dwarves looking for his ancestral home of Tethamayr. (SP?) Plus, CG/CN Elves with LG/LN dwarves would be a perfect situation for humans acting as mediators. Mind you, not diplomacy seeing that befriending one of each race has it's benefits.
Back to top Go down
Q-2
DM
DM
Q-2

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am

When not confronted with a common danger/enemy, even the most friendly of people turn towards incriminating other species.... it's been that way ever since evolution started off sprouting two cell creatures from their one cell ancestor.

Elves like the reclusivity of their forest, dwarves prefer to stay underground and work their trades and curse all other races.

Humans, welll, humas are the species least of single mind - many easy to corrupt.

So, in conclusion I prefer to DM Elves when not having to deal with other things, or when people are trespassing on their property (read: forests, shrines, basically anywhere they deem) they will turn hostile, or at least, very, very unfriendly.
Also, being a race of many secrets and pride, especially towards those Not of the People they tend to like others to keep their noses out of their pans. Very Happy

Am I wrong in doing so? I sincerely hope not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tripp

Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Good two copper pieces. Still, just want to get along with everybody.

Make love, not Warcraft!

*group hugs his Shieldbasher and Lialith plush dolls that looks alot like voodoo dolls*

So yeah, just want to get along with everybody with Averen. I feel like having allies of each good natured character, no matter the race, is ideal.
Back to top Go down
FederOnline

FederOnline

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:54 pm

But EVERYONE loves a halfling....

Lucky for dwarves (13 dwarves and the lucky hin), stout and smart for the elves (She saw what I saw in the mirror and took me across the water), and humans...wait...those bastards tried to kill the halflings at every turn!! Peri's going to Wayrest!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FederOnline.net
Venerate One
DM
DM
Venerate One

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:26 pm

I always prefere playing humans.

But despite what anyone says (and no matter how hard our own politically correct world imposes upon our fantasy one) racism is a massive issue in the FR. The writers and developers always intended this to be the case. Dwarves dislike elves because they are the other long lived race and yet share no common fellowship with them. Elves hate dwarves because they burn the fires of industry rather than nurturing the light of nature. Both races hate the short lived, passionate and greedy humans. Hin...well everyone hates them just because they are annoying.

Its not a sing along fairy tale land where folk of every creed and culture join hands to sing 'coom by ah' outside the Noble Stag. Its a dark world where monsters roam the wilderness, the small folk are afraid of the night, wicked and righetous gods treat the mortals as their playthings and for every person willing to become your companion there are three waiting to slit your throat.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm

*applauds Ven* Well said
Back to top Go down
E

E

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm

I agree. Lets burn down the forests and beat up people. Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn! Raarh! Lemons!
Back to top Go down
CredibleThreat

CredibleThreat

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:41 pm

I would add that even amongst those of the same 'race' racism persists. Mulani, Chondathan, Luskan, etc... Lots of additional prejudices and differing perspectives on other races even within humans. Conflict through racism, 'classism', religious and ethical differences, and other such contrasts can be a verdant ground for spawning interesting role-play, either working through, finding rational exceptions to prejudices or even being thrust unwillingly into situations in which those who do not get along -must- work together can be interesting as well, the conflict shunted to the side, but still palpable. One thing I would caution against, however, is 'template' play, in which character's become ONLY race, class, and religion; personal prejudices, or absence thereof as well as the character's historical development should also play their role, sometimes exacerbating innate prejudices, sometimes alleviating them. FR is very rich in socio-cultural history, and as Ven pointed out, riddled with conflict, dynasties rising, falling, etc.... In short, embracing these contrasts and conflicts as an inherent part of the world, in my opinion, can lend not only authenticity, but real depth to one's role-play.
Back to top Go down
blessedcurse

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:35 am

Canonically there are mentions of two elven influenced trading posts dating back to the times of Myth Drannor or prior, one of which is Elventree, the other oddly enough is Hillsfar, ironic all things considered. In all my reading I have never found any canon mention of an elven settlement close to Daggerdale in the Cormanthor.

Honestly with the Retreat leaving Tangled Trees as the only true elven settlement of any size in the Cormanthor (as Velethuil and Ssrenshen are really more like mostly autonomous parts of Deepingdale) it makes more sense that Wayrest would be some hidden remnant of the Lost (a 'tribe' of wood elves who stayed hidden from the Zhents) in the Border Forest.

Kudos to who thought to go in that direction.
Back to top Go down
Tearing the Weave
DM
DM
Tearing the Weave

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:41 am

CredibleThreat wrote:
I would add that even amongst those of the same 'race' racism persists. Mulani, Chondathan, Luskan, etc... Lots of additional prejudices and differing perspectives on other races even within humans. Conflict through racism, 'classism', religious and ethical differences, and other such contrasts can be a verdant ground for spawning interesting role-play, either working through, finding rational exceptions to prejudices or even being thrust unwillingly into situations in which those who do not get along -must- work together can be interesting as well, the conflict shunted to the side, but still palpable. One thing I would caution against, however, is 'template' play, in which character's become ONLY race, class, and religion; personal prejudices, or absence thereof as well as the character's historical development should also play their role, sometimes exacerbating innate prejudices, sometimes alleviating them. FR is very rich in socio-cultural history, and as Ven pointed out, riddled with conflict, dynasties rising, falling, etc.... In short, embracing these contrasts and conflicts as an inherent part of the world, in my opinion, can lend not only authenticity, but real depth to one's role-play.

Pulls out a dictionary and a thesaurus and begins translating lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wayrest and 1500 Years...   Wayrest and 1500 Years... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wayrest and 1500 Years...
Page 1 of 1