Daggerdale 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to Neverwinter Nights gamers that wish to roleplay in the Forgotten Realms setting of Daggerdale and it's surrounding areas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long Overdue

Go down 
+4
Blue-Wizard
whodatis?
Snottling
Bear_Den
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:23 pm

It was one of those typical Dagger Falls nights. The rain came down in torrents and a chill wind whistled down from the peaks. The lone rider stopped outside the Noble Stag. A gloved hand caringly caresses the horses’ neck for a moment before the rider swings down out of the well used saddle.

“Easy girl, you’ll have a warm dry bed soon enough” The woman spoke gently into the animals ear before turning towards the Inn and speaking to herself, “And so shall I”.

She strode to the door, only hesitating a moment before lifting the latch and swinging the door open. Immediately the warm welcoming light flooded her, casting her lean silhouette against the darkness outside.

Fentil went about greeting his patrons and making sure each had a full tankard. It was a slow night but that still did not deter his cheery mood. He just set a round of tankards down for a group of dwarves from the temple when the door opened up. More customers! Hurrying to the door he rubbed his hands together, it may be a good night after all.

“Welcome! Welcome to the Noble Stag!” he greeted warmly. “Please come in!” He moved to close the door behind the newcomer. A bit disappointed it is a lone traveler, he was thankful for the business nonetheless. He just closed the door and turned looking up at the stranger when the woman drew back her hood.

“Let me take….” He stood frozen a moment, his jaw working but not a sound came out.

“Yes Fentil. You may take my cloak.” She said in a warm comforting voice. With deft fingers she unfastened the emerald broach that kept the material close about her neck, shrugging her shoulders slightly the cloak slipped off her lithe frame to fall into Fentils waiting grasp. Her silver hair cascaded down her back like a stream of liquid mithril.

“Of course Lady!” Fentil finally blurted out. “I’ll have a hearty stew and fresh bread out immediately!” Taking the cloak carefully, he excitedly hurried to the kitchen. It was turning out to be an excellent night indeed!

I am hoping to run this quest Friday evening about 7PM Eastern U.S. tz

Ideal characters will be 14-18th level.

Please post interest and availability for Friday!
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Draccan will be there. He's level 5 fighter/8 sorceror/2 Harper.
Back to top Go down
whodatis?
Admin
Admin
whodatis?

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 pm

If you need help up top let me know BD...I'll be available til about midnight EST
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks! I would appreciate all the help I can get.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Dane volunteered for the militia as soon as the captains would allow, even against his poor mothers wishes. He had grown up on the outskirts of town with his mother, living off the goodwill of friends of his departed father, mostly retired militia members themselves. He can still recall the stories his father told of grandeur and adventure, and his steadfast commitment. “Trust on our Lord son” He would say, “For he delivered this town from the clutches of despair!” Lord meaning Randall Morn, Lord of Dagger Falls.

It was Dane’s second night on patrol the rain fell in sheets cutting visibility to just a few yards. Clouds lay thick overhead blocking the little light that Selune provided this night. It was miserable. Dane stumbled again on the steep slopes of the Dagger Hills. He lay a moment, taking what little respite he could find sheltered between two large rocks. Stiff and sore he was about to get up when he saw a movement, or was it? It looked like on of his fellow patrolmen, but why is he walking in from the side. Dane cupped his hand around his mouth and was about to call out when he froze. The shape became two, then more as the shapes moved swiftly through the rain towards him. He heard screams of pain as what ever they were found his compainions along the sodden trail he now thankfully lay just to the side of. All he could do was lay there and hope to the gods he wouldn’t be spotted.

He didn’t know how long he lay there shivering, wet to the bone. It seemed many minutes as the large shapes passed by, their heavy feet churning the mud. They didn’t even slow to take anything off the dead fallsmen.

After the last of them passed Dane craned his head listening. Not a sound. Crouched down nearly on all fours, he slowly, painfully made his way back towards town. To safety! Dane was almost to the bottom of a draw when he heard it, the creaking of crude wheels and slap of large feet on the wet sucking soil. Diving under the low lying limbs of a spruce tree Dane could do nothing but hope and pray as many large shapes made their way past. Several even larger shapes pulled crude carts, their wheels digging furrows in the saturated dirt.

The early morning fog lay thick and the sky was just turning to a pale gray when Dane finally dared move, and when he moved he ran. Not out of fear for himself, he was afraid, but because he knew he was the only one that remained to carry word of what happened.

Later that day, several expert woodsmen hired by the captain found the trail described by Dane. Ogres they said, or perhaps large orcs. What ever it was they came from the hills somewhere along the Black Road, and went deeper into the Dagger Hills until the trail was hidden by the ravages of the storms the night before.

For several nights a large ambush lay in wait in the area of the Dagger Hills. On the third night they sprung their trap on what could only be the force of creatures returning back towards the Black Road. Many of the brutes were slaughtered, but still a larger number of them pushed through the killing zone and fled into the darkness.

In the morning light the captain stood over one of the bodies of the fallen, “Orogs! Blasted filthy Orogs!”.
Back to top Go down
Blue-Wizard

Blue-Wizard

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 pm

I should be able to make it. I'm not sure if it'll be Bree or Lia, but I intend on being there!
Back to top Go down
Cerridwyn

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Roslyn will be there. Very Happy And so will some members of her company.
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Sil will be there with Roz if it can be tolerated that a lvl 10-11 join.
Back to top Go down
rapid55

rapid55

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Wish I could come but it's 1 A.M for me.
Back to top Go down
Death And Reaper

Death And Reaper

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm out. Leaving tomorrow...wish I could help. Sad
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 pm

I would like to have the continuation of this quest as soon as possible. I will be available during the weekdays, about 7-8 AM eastern TZ. But I think most folks would not be able to make then. Friday would work for me....about 7 PM Eastern.

The ideal character level is 14-18, but if you want to participate at a lower level you may not be turned away, so I encourage you to try to make it.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:56 pm

The stone door closed silently with just a thought from Barlaggrax. Satisfied, for the moment, with the security of ‘his goods’ hidden and locked tightly away. He swiveled about taking in everything within the cavern. Good, nothing or no one stupid enough to test him. Not that he cared for any of the lesser beings. He didn’t. But slaves can sometimes be hard to come by and get expensive.

The stone gave a barely audible click. Barlaggrax gave what passed as a nod, and then floated to the stone dias that he used as his ‘throne’. For some time Barlaggrax thought the useless Xinbaoux would try to betray him, make off with his goods, but no, the caravan arrived with the promised tribute. Now it was time for him to make his own final preparations for the journey to Gracklstugh. As much as he loathed King Horgar, he would not betray his word to the duergar king.

A gong sounded from outside the cavern disturbing Barlaggrax’s thoughts. How dare they disturb me now! “Enter!” he nearly screamed. The walls of the chamber shook with the force.

The first to enter nearly instantly fell to the ground then broke apart under its own weight. The second guard quickly squealed out “Master, we have new word of Xinbaoux!” before the next ray hit him instantly turning him into a pile of ash.

“You may enter!” This better be good or the next will find himself imploded!

The next to enter was not one of the worthless beholders, but worse. A wirey looking Orog stepped forward then dropped to its knees.

Barlaggrax snarled, enjoying the sight if the Orog groveling and shaking. One of his small eyes swiveled to take aim, but he stayed his anger, for the moment.

“Speak!” He demanded

The immense Beholder floated above the dias deep in thought. The word of adventurers slaying the fool Xinbaoux and his lackeys was not troubling in itself, but evidently they were there for a reason. Could that reason bring them here? Surely they do not dare! Still, best take precautions. Barlaggrax gave a grin as his captains made their way out of his chamber, albeit fewer in number than they were when they entered, but he was pleased.
Back to top Go down
Bear_Den
DM
DM

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Hadn't heard if anyone will be able to make it for this coming Friday Night about 7PM Eastern
Back to top Go down
Blue-Wizard

Blue-Wizard

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:47 pm

I think I would be able to.
Back to top Go down
Cerridwyn

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Roslyn will be there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zei-keil

zei-keil

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:06 pm

That is a mostly Yes, being i forgot about the previous one. But i would like to be in on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Snottling
Admin
Admin
Snottling

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 pm

I'll be there with Draccan Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Long Overdue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Overdue   Long Overdue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Overdue
Page 1 of 1